Sign in with
Your question

What do you guys think of this Motherboard!??

Last response: in Motherboards
April 3, 2003 3:49:54 AM

Hey guys im configuring a new Intel p4 2.4 system off of a website. For my motherboard i chose the GIGABYTE GA-8SG667. The reason i chose this is b/c it had AGP 8X support, which i will want in teh future. Also, it seems to be pretty cheap, and it got some decent reviews from what i read. The system will have a P4 2.4GHz, 512 DDR ram, 40gb hd, ATI RADEON 9500 Pro video card. Is this a good card for waht i plan to do. I plan to do a good bit of gaming, listening to music, and browsing the web (no editing or anything). I dont really need features liek firewire, or S-ATA or anything like that. Is this mobo a good one, it has a good price, and it seems to perform well. What do you guys think. Feel free to recommend any other motherboards to me that support AGP 8X and aren't too expensive. Thank you

More about : guys motherboard

a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2003 6:15:34 AM

I think it's a great board, but one guy complained that the front USB connection (the one next to the IDE controller) messes up IDE2 on his board when connected to his front panel outputs on his case. Seems like a minor issue to me, and I think there's another USB header elswhere on the board, along with the USB ports on the rear.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>
!