install HP Laserjet Plus in XP

Thanks for the reply, but still no success. I have followed your
instructions and tried every HP Laserjet 4 listed (4(HP), 4 (XP); 4
plus (HP); 4 Plus (XP)but the printed will not print the test page. I
am using the driver from HP's site (lj631en.exe). Could the driver
selection be the problem? I have never had such a problem installing a
printer

--
CBPMIKE
2 answers Last reply

    If you have tried the PCL drivers and they don't work, try Post Script
    drivers: you'll need lj632en.exe from:
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=15024&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=25484&lang=en&cc=us&swEnvOID=228

    "CBPMIKE" wrote:

    > Thanks for the reply, but still no success. I have followed your
    > instructions and tried every HP Laserjet 4 listed (4(HP), 4 (XP); 4
    > plus (HP); 4 Plus (XP)but the printed will not print the test page. I
    > am using the driver from HP's site (lj631en.exe). Could the driver
    > selection be the problem? I have never had such a problem installing a
    > printer
    >
    > 'Carey Frisch [MVP Wrote:
    > > ']Open your Control Panel and click on the "Add Hardware" icon*.
    > > The "Add Hardware Wizard" will appear.
    > >
    > > 1. Click on Next and place a dot next to "Yes, I have alrea*dy
    > > connected the hardware".
    > > 2. Click Next and scroll all the way down to "Add a new har*dware
    > > device".
    > > 3. Click once to highlight it and click Next.
    > > 4. Place a dot next to "Install the hardware that I manuall*y select
    > > from a list (Advanced)".
    > > 5. Click Next and scroll down to "Printers", click once to *highlight
    > > and click Next.
    > > 6. Place a dot next to "Use the following port" and click N*ext.
    > > 7. In the "Install Printer Software Screen", on the left si*de scroll
    > > down to "HP"
    > > and click once to highlight, then in the right-side scr*oll down to
    > > "HP LaserJet 4", click on it to highlight, then *click Next to install
    > > the software.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Carey Frisch
    > > Microsoft MVP
    > > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > > Microsoft Newsgroups
    > >
    > > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    > > http://tinyurl.com/4n7kv

    > > "CBPMIKE" wrote:
    > >
    > > | I have had an HP Laserjet 4+ since windows 3.1 thru 98SE - running
    > > with
    > > | no problems. When I upgraded to XP, I cannot install the printer. I
    > > | have downloaded the latest drivers from HP, but the printer will not
    > > | print a test page after installation. The printer works, since I can
    > > | print a test page from the printer menu.
    > > | I can hook this up to my old system running 98SE and it runs fine.
    > > | Anyone experience similar problems or have a solution?
    > > |
    > > | --
    > > | CBPMIKE
    >

    > --
    > CBPMIKE

  2. The LJ4 works perfectly with Windows XP. Download the printer drivers from HP. Then check your ports. Control panel, System, Hardware, Device manager, Port. On my machine, the parallel port is LPT3. When I went back to printer setup, I changed the printer port from LPT1 to LPT3 - works perfectily

Hewlett Packard Laserjet Windows XP