Upgrade from Windows PX home to Windows PX Professional

February 4, 2005 1:23:07 PM

I have been working with Windows XP Home for a year. My co-workers have
Windows PX professional. I think that this is what create a problem for me to
connect to our Network, and for my my co-workers - to open my files on Shared
docs. I need to upgrade my comp.

1. What difficulties I may face doing so?
2. How to protect all the data on my computer while I am upgrading? Or it is
not necessary?
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 2:03:04 PM

Don't assume that you have to upgrade to XP Pro. You should have no problem
connecting to the network or with security. If you have an IT person on site,
have them help you. I have many users with XP Home on their laptops.

"Natasha" wrote:

> I have been working with Windows XP Home for a year. My co-workers have
> Windows PX professional. I think that this is what create a problem for me to
> connect to our Network, and for my my co-workers - to open my files on Shared
> docs. I need to upgrade my comp.
>
> 1. What difficulties I may face doing so?
> 2. How to protect all the data on my computer while I am upgrading? Or it is
> not necessary?

Anonymous
February 4, 2005 5:28:06 PM

Natasha wrote:

> I have been working with Windows XP Home for a year. My
> co-workers
> have Windows PX professional. I think that this is what create
> problem for me to connect to our Network, and for my my
> co-workers -
> to open my files on Shared docs. I need to upgrade my comp.

Is your network a workgroup or a domain? If it's a domain, what
you think is correct. If it's a workgroup, it is *not* correct,
and XP Professional will not solve your problem.

> 1. What difficulties I may face doing so?
> 2. How to protect all the data on my computer while I am
> upgrading?
> Or it is not necessary?

Don't do anything until you answer the question above.

Please reply to the newsgroup
!