I have 2 copy of windows xp on my c hard ware and I want to delete one of
them safetyl

Thank you

Saaid Saleh

Simply R.click on C: drive in my computer,properties,note the space amount,
close out,install xp cd,exit info page,restart computer,boot to xp
cd,recovery,
press enter for password,then type:DiskPart In DiskPart,delete the unwanted
partition,then press Esc key,then type:EXIT Let xp restart,you might want to
reconfigure the new unallocated disk space later,type:diskmgmt.msc In run.

"saaid saleh Norway" wrote:

> I have 2 copy of windows xp on my c hard ware and I want to delete one of
> them safetyl
>
> Thank you
>
> Saaid Saleh

Take a look here. Scroll down to # 20
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#two

"saaid saleh Norway" <saaid saleh Norway@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:9E8EB1AA-EC7B-4382-A552-2EDB4CDEDA9D@microsoft.com...
>I have 2 copy of windows xp on my c hard ware and I want to delete one of
> them safetyl
>
> Thank you
>
> Saaid Saleh

please clear me more the details because Iam not very good
by English language kindly.

Thank you

"Andrew E." wrote:

> Simply R.click on C: drive in my computer,properties,note the space amount,
> close out,install xp cd,exit info page,restart computer,boot to xp
> cd,recovery,
> press enter for password,then type:DiskPart In DiskPart,delete the unwanted
> partition,then press Esc key,then type:EXIT Let xp restart,you might want to
> reconfigure the new unallocated disk space later,type:diskmgmt.msc In run.
>
> "saaid saleh Norway" wrote:
>
> > I have 2 copy of windows xp on my c hard ware and I want to delete one of
> > them safetyl
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Saaid Saleh

In news:9E8EB1AA-EC7B-4382-A552-2EDB4CDEDA9D@microsoft.com,
saaid saleh Norway <saaid saleh Norway@discussions.microsoft.com>
respectfully replied ;-)
> I have 2 copy of windows xp on my c hard ware and I want to delete
> one of them safetyl
>
> Thank you
>
> Saaid Saleh

Click on or copy and paste the link below into your web browser address box.
I have two installations of Windows/Windows XP on the same partition.......
#20 on the FAQ list
http://michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html

"I have two installations of XP on the same partition........"

1.. Boot to the desired version of Windows XP you want to keep. Making
note of the position in the boot menu. This will be important when you edit
boot.ini.
2.. Open a command prompt * and type " echo %windir%" without the quotes.
This will give you the current Windows folder you are using.
c.. From Explorer, delete the folder containing the installation you want
to remove. The original install folder is usually called Windows and
subsequent folders will be derivatives of Windows or Winnt.
d.. From System Properties [Winkey+Pause/Break] > Advanced Tab > Statup
and Recovery > Settings > Edit.
e.. Select the Edit button and from notepad, first backup boot.ini, by
going to File; Save As and rename boot.ini. to something like boot.inibak.
f.. Remove the line referencing the installation not chosen; you made note
of in step one.
g.. Set timeout=0 so the system boots directly into Win XP (you will not
get the boot menu).
h.. Save As boot.ini & Exit.
i.. Reboot.
* To access the command prompt: Start>All Programs>Accessories>Command
Prompt or from Start>RUN>Type "CMD" without the quotes, then press OK.

--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com