This really is basic (I'm embarrased) but here goes:

How do I format floppies under Windows XP Home Edition?

Gordon

Sleepless in New Jersey wrote:
> This really is basic (I'm embarrased) but here goes:
>
> How do I format floppies under Windows XP Home Edition?
In My Computer, Right-click on A, choose "format".......

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and

Thanks for your speedy reply. It works

On 04/02/2005 Gordon wrote:

> Sleepless in New Jersey wrote:
> > This really is basic (I'm embarrased) but here goes:
> >
> > How do I format floppies under Windows XP Home Edition?
> In My Computer, Right-click on A, choose "format".......

> Registered Linux User no 240308

Although we could probably come up with a solution that involves
mounting it and using a very long command line with several switches if
you would find that more comprehensible :)

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.17.2.1

open mycomputer right click floppy disc icon in the drop down menu click format

raymond wrote:
> open mycomputer right click floppy disc icon in the drop down menu click format
>
> "Gordon" wrote:
>

>>Sleepless in New Jersey wrote:
>>
>>>This really is basic (I'm embarrased) but here goes:
>>>
>>>How do I format floppies under Windows XP Home Edition?
>>
>>In My Computer, Right-click on A, choose "format".......
>>
>>--
>>Registered Linux User no 240308
>>Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and
>>counting!)
>>gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
>>to email me remove the obvious!

Why are you telling me that? I already know it!

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and
counting!)
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
to email me remove the obvious!

Basically the same way as 98. Go to my computer and right click and it will
say format what drive
"Sleepless in New Jersey" <SleeplessinNewJersey@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:D496213B-F719-4A73-8E73-8E00CADCACD1@microsoft.com...
> This really is basic (I'm embarrased) but here goes:
>
> How do I format floppies under Windows XP Home Edition?

YES I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO FORMAT & DOWLOAD/COPY FILES IN MY PICTURES TO A
FLOPPY DISK

"Sleepless in New Jersey" wrote:

> This really is basic (I'm embarrased) but here goes:
>
> How do I format floppies under Windows XP Home Edition?

Put a floppy in A: Open My Computer. Find the icon for the floppy drive.
Right click on it and choose Format.