Burning with DVD/CD ROM's?

Hi all.., I'm trying to burn some music I downloaded from Napster to either
DVD+R's or DVD-RW's using Nero 6 on my Gateway 9300 Pro through it's
internal DVD/CD ROM. It plays movies and DC's great, but do ALL DVD/CD
ROM's have the ability to write or burn also? If not.., what to do?

81mm wrote:
> Hi all.., I'm trying to burn some music I downloaded from Napster to
> either DVD+R's or DVD-RW's using Nero 6 on my Gateway 9300 Pro
> through it's internal DVD/CD ROM. It plays movies and DC's great,
> but do ALL DVD/CD ROM's have the ability to write or burn also? If
> not.., what to do?

ROM - Read-Only Memory.

You need a CD-Writer for CDs..
You need a DVD-R/RW or/and DVD+R/RW (and Dual Layer maybe) for DVDs..

--
<- Shenan ->

No. DVD/CD ROM's are Read Only Memory. All they can do is playbac. If it
says ROM on the outside, next to where you insert the CD/DVDs, then you
can't write to a DVD-R or DVD-RW.

What does your manual say?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:FXSMd.9041$Dc.4423@trnddc06,
81mm <res0n8e5@verizon.net> hunted and pecked:
> Hi all.., I'm trying to burn some music I downloaded from Napster to
> either DVD+R's or DVD-RW's using Nero 6 on my Gateway 9300 Pro
> through it's internal DVD/CD ROM. It plays movies and DC's great,
> but do ALL DVD/CD ROM's have the ability to write or burn also? If
> not.., what to do?

Manual? What manual?! I don't need no stinking manual (Mexican accent)!!!!

<LOL>

RTFM!!

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to
show you any stinking badges!"

Stinking Badges Home Page
http://www.darryl.com/badges/

RTFM