Burning with DVD/CD ROM's?

Hi all.., I'm trying to burn some music I downloaded from Napster to either
DVD+R's or DVD-RW's using Nero 6 on my Gateway 9300 Pro through it's
internal DVD/CD ROM. It plays movies and DC's great, but do ALL DVD/CD
ROM's have the ability to write or burn also? If not.., what to do?
4 answers Last reply
More about burning

    81mm wrote:
    > Hi all.., I'm trying to burn some music I downloaded from Napster to
    > either DVD+R's or DVD-RW's using Nero 6 on my Gateway 9300 Pro
    > through it's internal DVD/CD ROM. It plays movies and DC's great,
    > but do ALL DVD/CD ROM's have the ability to write or burn also? If
    > not.., what to do?

    ROM - Read-Only Memory.

    You need a CD-Writer for CDs..
    You need a DVD-R/RW or/and DVD+R/RW (and Dual Layer maybe) for DVDs..

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    No. DVD/CD ROM's are Read Only Memory. All they can do is playbac. If it
    says ROM on the outside, next to where you insert the CD/DVDs, then you
    can't write to a DVD-R or DVD-RW.

    What does your manual say?

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:FXSMd.9041$Dc.4423@trnddc06,
    81mm <res0n8e5@verizon.net> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi all.., I'm trying to burn some music I downloaded from Napster to
    > either DVD+R's or DVD-RW's using Nero 6 on my Gateway 9300 Pro
    > through it's internal DVD/CD ROM. It plays movies and DC's great,
    > but do ALL DVD/CD ROM's have the ability to write or burn also? If
    > not.., what to do?

    Manual? What manual?! I don't need no stinking manual (Mexican accent)!!!!

    <LOL>

    RTFM!!

    "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to
    show you any stinking badges!"

    Stinking Badges Home Page
    http://www.darryl.com/badges/

    RTFM
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#rtfm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:xOWMd.2053$wc.1519@trnddc07,
    81mm <res0n8e5@verizon.net> hunted and pecked:
    > Manual? What manual?! I don't need no stinking manual (Mexican
    > accent)!!!!

DVD Burner CD-Rom Windows XP