Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Create a new Administrators account

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 6:57:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Hi all...
My default login is an Administrator account, and I want to change that.I
want to:
Create a new account as an administrator.
Change my account to the power user group.
This way I will not have to copy or move all my files and settings to a new
account. Is that how it is done?

Any tips or help you can offer?
Thanks~!
John

More about : create administrators account

February 4, 2005 8:39:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

By default an Administrator is set up during the windows installation.

User accounts can be established at any time and changed at any time.

You can change the User from Administrator to other account type if you wish
without affecting the 'My Docments'. Once the user is changed to less than
administrator, then only the Administrator can reset them back to
administrator priveledges.

Now why would one need to create a second 'user' account as an
administrator, when there is already a default administrator account in
Windows?

"JohnnyJomp" wrote:

> Hi all...
> My default login is an Administrator account, and I want to change that.I
> want to:
> Create a new account as an administrator.
> Change my account to the power user group.
> This way I will not have to copy or move all my files and settings to a new
> account. Is that how it is done?
>
> Any tips or help you can offer?
> Thanks~!
> John
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 9:49:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Hi Bar...
I didn't think I had described it properly.
What I want to do is create a new admin account, and change my current admin
account to non-admin. I will then have my day-to-day account, and a different
admin account when I need it.

John

"BAR" wrote:

> By default an Administrator is set up during the windows installation.
>
> User accounts can be established at any time and changed at any time.
>
> You can change the User from Administrator to other account type if you wish
> without affecting the 'My Docments'. Once the user is changed to less than
> administrator, then only the Administrator can reset them back to
> administrator priveledges.
>
> Now why would one need to create a second 'user' account as an
> administrator, when there is already a default administrator account in
> Windows?
>
> "JohnnyJomp" wrote:
>
> > Hi all...
> > My default login is an Administrator account, and I want to change that.I
> > want to:
> > Create a new account as an administrator.
> > Change my account to the power user group.
> > This way I will not have to copy or move all my files and settings to a new
> > account. Is that how it is done?
> >
> > Any tips or help you can offer?
> > Thanks~!
> > John
February 5, 2005 1:16:55 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

When you create a new admin acct ..are you aiming to keep your settings from the
old acct??
If the answer is yes it would be easier to create another non-admin account and
copy your settings to that account.........same result!!
go to Control Panel/User accounts and create 2 accounts....lets say A(admin
acct) and B (justa user acct)
log off and sign in as A..........right click
MyComputer/properties/advanced/user profiles...settings
hight light the acct you wish to copy and click...copy to
browse to C:\documents&settings\user B and click OK..............ok
your way out and reboot the system.
sign in as user B.............check to make sure all the settings are there.This
should now be an exact duplicate of your original administrator acct
You can now delete account A and revert back to your original account.
remember this copied that acount at that point in time....any changes you make
to the original account will NOT be automatically made to account B.
If you originally created the admin account you are now using and NOT using the
default admin account XP already has placed that original default account into
hiding accessible when you enter safe mode.
peter
"JohnnyJomp" <JohnnyJomp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:BD8ED419-5431-4F7C-9F95-0BDC1C74606C@microsoft.com...
> Hi Bar...
> I didn't think I had described it properly.
> What I want to do is create a new admin account, and change my current admin
> account to non-admin. I will then have my day-to-day account, and a different
> admin account when I need it.
>
> John
>
> "BAR" wrote:
>
>> By default an Administrator is set up during the windows installation.
>>
>> User accounts can be established at any time and changed at any time.
>>
>> You can change the User from Administrator to other account type if you wish
>> without affecting the 'My Docments'. Once the user is changed to less than
>> administrator, then only the Administrator can reset them back to
>> administrator priveledges.
>>
>> Now why would one need to create a second 'user' account as an
>> administrator, when there is already a default administrator account in
>> Windows?
>>
>> "JohnnyJomp" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all...
>> > My default login is an Administrator account, and I want to change that.I
>> > want to:
>> > Create a new account as an administrator.
>> > Change my account to the power user group.
>> > This way I will not have to copy or move all my files and settings to a new
>> > account. Is that how it is done?
>> >
>> > Any tips or help you can offer?
>> > Thanks~!
>> > John
!