Linksys WRE54G Range Expander Trouble

i just bought a new Linksys WRT54G AP and WRE54G expander.

the AP works great, but when i plug-in the expander and hit the
"autoconfigure" button on it's side, the "link" light blinks red and
then blue, red and then blue...

i haven't tested to see if it's actually expanding my network in it's
blinking state, but i thought i'd post the question since i can find
no reference to blinking lights in any of the provided
documentation...

any help is greatly appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about linksys wre54g range expander trouble

    If you have a red light blinking, I don't think your connecting. Make sure
    you disable WEP on the AP until you get it set up. I had trouble
    configuring mine at first too. The Linksys support team worked well for me.
    I've also found out that I placed mine nearer to the kitchen which was a
    problem. The cordless phone and the microwave are both on 2.4 frequency. I
    had to rotate through the available channels on the AP / and Expander to try
    and get a channel that didn't get knocked off by the microwave or phone.
    Unfortunately for me, it seemed the more secure channels didn't give quite
    the same range, but overall it's a significant improvement on the other side
    of the house. My AP is in an outside bedroom corner of the house and the
    range extender is near the center of the house which gives me good coverage
    on the second floor. I'd suggest you call for support.

    "shlomox" <shlomox@papanoodle.com> wrote in message
    > i just bought a new Linksys WRT54G AP and WRE54G expander.
    >
    > the AP works great, but when i plug-in the expander and hit the
    > "autoconfigure" button on it's side, the "link" light blinks red and
    > then blue, red and then blue...
    >
    > i haven't tested to see if it's actually expanding my network in it's
    > blinking state, but i thought i'd post the question since i can find
    > no reference to blinking lights in any of the provided
    > documentation...
    >
    > any help is greatly appreciated.

Light Linksys Wireless Networking