blocked driver

February 4, 2005 10:23:01 PM

I reinstalled my cd burning software after updating to XP. I immediately
started getting messages that it was not compatible with XP. I uninstalled
but am now getting Error message:The Cdralw2k service failed to start due to
the following error: This driver has been blocked from loading: every time I
log on. I'v tried to fix the problem but nothing has helped. Any
suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Bretta NC

More about : blocked driver

Anonymous
February 5, 2005 2:06:31 AM

Hi Bretta,

Click start/run, type msconfig and click ok. Go to the services tab, uncheck
that one. Click apply/ok and reboot as directed. See if this doesn't resolve
it for you.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"emailbretta" <emailbretta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I reinstalled my cd burning software after updating to XP. I immediately
> started getting messages that it was not compatible with XP. I
> uninstalled
> but am now getting Error message:The Cdralw2k service failed to start due
> the following error: This driver has been blocked from loading: every
> time I
> log on. I'v tried to fix the problem but nothing has helped. Any
> suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Bretta NC
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 8:12:34 PM

Hi Bretta,

CD Recording Software Will Cause Windows to Become Unstable" Error Message
When You Start Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315345

Automate the above using this REG patch:
www.aumha.org/downloads/cdgone.zip

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User