blocked driver

I reinstalled my cd burning software after updating to XP. I immediately
started getting messages that it was not compatible with XP. I uninstalled
but am now getting Error message:The Cdralw2k service failed to start due to
the following error: This driver has been blocked from loading: every time I
log on. I'v tried to fix the problem but nothing has helped. Any
suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Bretta NC
2 answers Last reply
More about blocked driver

    Hi Bretta,

    Click start/run, type msconfig and click ok. Go to the services tab, uncheck
    that one. Click apply/ok and reboot as directed. See if this doesn't resolve
    it for you.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "emailbretta" <emailbretta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I reinstalled my cd burning software after updating to XP. I immediately
    > started getting messages that it was not compatible with XP. I
    > uninstalled
    > but am now getting Error message:The Cdralw2k service failed to start due
    > the following error: This driver has been blocked from loading: every
    > time I
    > log on. I'v tried to fix the problem but nothing has helped. Any
    > suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Bretta NC

    Hi Bretta,

    CD Recording Software Will Cause Windows to Become Unstable" Error Message
    When You Start Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315345

    Automate the above using this REG patch:
    www.aumha.org/downloads/cdgone.zip

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "emailbretta" <emailbretta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I reinstalled my cd burning software after updating to XP. I immediately
    > started getting messages that it was not compatible with XP. I
    > uninstalled
    > but am now getting Error message:The Cdralw2k service failed to start due
    > the following error: This driver has been blocked from loading: every
    > time I
    > log on. I'v tried to fix the problem but nothing has helped. Any
    > suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Bretta NC

Windows XP