Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help me.
I am fairly new to the internet etc, I have bought a HP Notebook
running Windows XP with Norton Antivirus. I have recently downloaded
SP2 and am now having trouble getting onto a forum I used to visit with
my very old computer running windows 98.
When I try to get on the forum I get a message 'Cannot find server or
DNS error internet Explorer' this does'nt happen all the time though
sometimes I can get on for a short time, then it goes again. I have
tried making it a trusted site, accepting all cookies and not having
any children have turned all my security to the lowest levels, all to
no avail.

Any suggestions gratefully received

Karen

--
kaili

Take a look at this page in Microsoft help:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;181147
Hope it helps.

"kaili" wrote:

> Hi,
> I wonder if anyone can help me.
> I am fairly new to the internet etc, I have bought a HP Notebook
> running Windows XP with Norton Antivirus. I have recently downloaded
> SP2 and am now having trouble getting onto a forum I used to visit with
> my very old computer running windows 98.
> When I try to get on the forum I get a message 'Cannot find server or
> DNS error internet Explorer' this does'nt happen all the time though
> sometimes I can get on for a short time, then it goes again. I have
> tried making it a trusted site, accepting all cookies and not having
> any children have turned all my security to the lowest levels, all to
> no avail.
>
> Any suggestions gratefully received
>
> Karen
>

> --