Language change ?

I purchased a new computer-language provided Italian-how do I change it to
English?

how to change language? wrote:

> I purchased a new computer-language provided Italian-how do I
> change
> it to English?

Sorry, you can't. You'll have to buy an English version of
Windows.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Mike

Splendid

This is useful as I was about to ask the same question for purchase in Spain.

I thought I could switch languages in English version of XP ?

Mike

In news:B9397E0C-3A72-4791-A675-9D71E0982DE1@microsoft.com,
Mike <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> This is useful as I was about to ask the same question for
> purchase
> in Spain.
>
> I thought I could switch languages in English version of XP ?

Sorry, no you can't. There are a limited number of things you can
do, such as change the keyboard style to be that of another
country, but the versions are language-specific.

Please reply to the newsgroup

> "Ken Blake" wrote:
>
>> how to change language? wrote:
>>
>>> I purchased a new computer-language provided Italian-how do I
>>> change
>>> it to English?
>>

>> Sorry, you can't. You'll have to buy an English version of
>> Windows.
>>
>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup

Keyboard languages can be changed, but not the main body of XP..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> This is useful as I was about to ask the same question for purchase in
> Spain.
>
> I thought I could switch languages in English version of XP ?
>
> Mike
>
> "Ken Blake" wrote:
>
>> how to change language? wrote:
>>
>> > I purchased a new computer-language provided Italian-how do I
>> > change
>> > it to English?
>>

>> Sorry, you can't. You'll have to buy an English version of
>> Windows.
>>
>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup

Hi

You can't change the Language of XP. You will have to purchase a full
retail English version of XP. You can then either install the English
version instead of the Italian one or dual boot both versions.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User