Alphabetize Favorites on Taskbar

February 5, 2005 1:07:06 PM

I have alot of things in Favorites but they are all out of order as far as
the alphabet. What do I do to put them automatically in order and have that
continue each time I add one to Favorites?
Thanks for any help - please simplify directions though.
--
Laraine in NC surviving on Social Security Disability and trying to learn my
way around computer.

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 10:07:06 -0800, Loveday48 wrote:

> I have alot of things in Favorites but they are all out of order as far as
> the alphabet. What do I do to put them automatically in order and have that
> continue each time I add one to Favorites?
> Thanks for any help - please simplify directions though.

On the taskbar? Or did you mean Start Menu? In the Start Menu, right click
and select Sort by Name.

When using Internet Explorer, this works independent of the start menu. To
sort: Click on Favorites in the menu (not the toolbar icon). Right click on
the list that appears and again choose Sort by Name.

New items will be added to the end of the lists. You'll need to repeat the
above every once in a while to get new additions listed alphabetically too.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Thank you so much for the great(simple) explanation of what I needed. It took
me a long time to find this "place" but I am so thankful that I did. Thank
you so much!
Laraine L. (Loveday48) Moore

"Sharon F" wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 10:07:06 -0800, Loveday48 wrote:
>
> > I have alot of things in Favorites but they are all out of order as far as
> > the alphabet. What do I do to put them automatically in order and have that
> > continue each time I add one to Favorites?
> > Thanks for any help - please simplify directions though.
>
> On the taskbar? Or did you mean Start Menu? In the Start Menu, right click
> and select Sort by Name.
>
> When using Internet Explorer, this works independent of the start menu. To
> sort: Click on Favorites in the menu (not the toolbar icon). Right click on
> the list that appears and again choose Sort by Name.
>
> New items will be added to the end of the lists. You'll need to repeat the
> above every once in a while to get new additions listed alphabetically too.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 4:33:07 PM

Hi,

You can just right click a entry in your favorites, and then choose Sort by
Name.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Loveday48" <Loveday48@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have alot of things in Favorites but they are all out of order as far as
> the alphabet. What do I do to put them automatically in order and have
> that
> continue each time I add one to Favorites?
> Thanks for any help - please simplify directions though.
> --
> Laraine in NC surviving on Social Security Disability and trying to learn
> my
> way around computer.
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 4:33:08 PM

Thank you so much for being very simple in your explanation. I am just
learning my way around and don't always know exactly what to call things but
you have managed to answer this perfectly.
I would like to add that I wish there was a public listing of people that
are helpful like you so that people like me...could just do a one click email
and then get an easy reply. I am not one to be a "chat person" and so I don't
know my way around the HELP places to well.
Once again....thak you.
Laraine L. Moore (Loveday48)

"Gary Tsang" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You can just right click a entry in your favorites, and then choose Sort by
> Name.
>
> --
> Gary Tsang
> Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>
> "Loveday48" <Loveday48@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have alot of things in Favorites but they are all out of order as far as
> > the alphabet. What do I do to put them automatically in order and have
> > that
> > continue each time I add one to Favorites?
> > Thanks for any help - please simplify directions though.
> > --
> > Laraine in NC surviving on Social Security Disability and trying to learn
> > my
> > way around computer.

Anonymous
February 5, 2005 7:22:30 PM

You might want to have a look at thisa site...

Welcome to Computer Haven

Your friendly place to learn.

http://www.computerhaven.info/

--