Windows Automated Installation Kit for Windows 7 and Windows Server 20

Flankercom

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
can i just install the windows 7 portion of this? i'm just putting on a 64 bit processor computer. this is a student copy i can get from my schools website and i'm already gonna use the win 7 64 bit copy on another computer so i want 2 working copies of 7 with separate keys. I have to iso it to a disk still.

Windows Automated Installation Kit for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 (x86, x64, ia64) - DVD

Solution
WAIK is designed for IT departments or OEMs that need to create a large number of Windows Installations with customized configurations. You need to invest a fair bit of time in order to learn how to use it.

If you're just installing Windows on two systems you'll probably be better off ignoring it and just manually installing Windows 7 itself.

Regardless of whether or not you use WAIK you'll still need to have two keys in order to activate Windows 7 on two computers.
WAIK is designed for IT departments or OEMs that need to create a large number of Windows Installations with customized configurations. You need to invest a fair bit of time in order to learn how to use it.

If you're just installing Windows on two systems you'll probably be better off ignoring it and just manually installing Windows 7 itself.

Regardless of whether or not you use WAIK you'll still need to have two keys in order to activate Windows 7 on two computers.

Solution