accidently deleted msn money- how to reinstall

I know I know...what an idiot.
But I accidently deleted the msn money program that came with the windows xp
sp2 disk.
How can I reinstall just the money program or do I have to reinstall the
whole service pack again?

thanks for your help
8 answers Last reply
More about accidently deleted money reinstall

    In news:13B1D66A-7A1B-4A55-823E-24641A42E110@microsoft.com,
    no money no money no money <no money no money no
    money@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > I know I know...what an idiot.
    > But I accidently deleted the msn money program that came with
    > the
    > windows xp sp2 disk.

    Microsoft Money is a completely separate program. It doesn't come
    with Windows XP and it doesn't come with SP2.

    > How can I reinstall just the money program or do I have to
    > reinstall
    > the whole service pack again?

    Find the CD containing Money and install it. No, you don't need
    to install SP2 again.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    > thanks for your help

    The Microsoft Money program is not included with SP2.
    You need to find your Microsoft Money installation CD and
    reinstall it.

    Microsoft Money - How to buy
    http://www.microsoft.com/money/order.aspx

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    no money no money no money wrote:
    > I know I know...what an idiot.
    >
    > But I accidently deleted the msn money program that came with the
    > windows xp sp2 disk.
    >
    > How can I reinstall just the money program or do I have to reinstall
    > the whole service pack again?

    Microsoft Money and Windows XP Service Pack 2 have no relation to one
    another. They have not - to my knowledge - ever been included as a "package
    deal". Therefore all you must do to restore your use of Microsoft Money is
    locate your installation media for Microsoft Money and install it again.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    thanks for your help to clear it up. I have another question about this
    situation. I originally had Windows ME, and that came with a MSN Money
    program already. I updated this year to Windows XP SP2. I then installed a
    yahoo DSL program. As I was deleting the old MSN IE and AOL, I deleted the
    money program as well.

    Do you have to go back to the Windows ME disk to see if I can reinstall or
    am I just out of luck and have to go buy the whole program all over again?

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > The Microsoft Money program is not included with SP2.
    > You need to find your Microsoft Money installation CD and
    > reinstall it.
    >
    > Microsoft Money - How to buy
    > http://www.microsoft.com/money/order.aspx
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.mspx

    > "no money" wrote:
    >
    > | I know I know...what an idiot.
    > | But I accidently deleted the msn money program that came with the windows xp
    > | sp2 disk.
    > | How can I reinstall just the money program or do I have to reinstall the
    > | whole service pack again?
    > |
    > | thanks for your help

    Thank you for your help. I had it on Windows ME. I will look for it that way.

    "Ken Blake" wrote:

    > In news:13B1D66A-7A1B-4A55-823E-24641A42E110@microsoft.com,
    > no money no money no money <no money no money no
    > money@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
    >
    > > I know I know...what an idiot.
    > > But I accidently deleted the msn money program that came with
    > > the
    > > windows xp sp2 disk.
    >

    > Microsoft Money is a completely separate program. It doesn't come
    > with Windows XP and it doesn't come with SP2.
    >

    > > How can I reinstall just the money program or do I have to
    > > reinstall
    > > the whole service pack again?
    >

    > Find the CD containing Money and install it. No, you don't need
    > to install SP2 again.

    > Please reply to the newsgroup
    >
    > > thanks for your help

    Its not on the windows me disk either............its a completely seperate
    program.
    If you bought your computer with ME preinstalled maybe at the same time they
    installed other programs......like money??
    Look for the discs that came with the computer when you originally bought it.
    peter

    In news:9BB17CE6-551F-4A96-BF7C-FD11304EB40E@microsoft.com,
    no money <no money@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > Thank you for your help. I had it on Windows ME. I will look
    > for it
    > that way.

    You're welcome. Glad to help.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    > "Ken Blake" wrote:
    >
    >> In news:13B1D66A-7A1B-4A55-823E-24641A42E110@microsoft.com,
    >> no money no money no money <no money no money no
    >> money@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
    >>
    >>> I know I know...what an idiot.
    >>> But I accidently deleted the msn money program that came with
    >>> the
    >>> windows xp sp2 disk.
    >>

    >> Microsoft Money is a completely separate program. It doesn't
    >> come
    >> with Windows XP and it doesn't come with SP2.
    >>

    >>> How can I reinstall just the money program or do I have to
    >>> reinstall
    >>> the whole service pack again?
    >>

    >> Find the CD containing Money and install it. No, you don't
    >> need
    >> to install SP2 again.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Please reply to the newsgroup
    >>
    >>> thanks for your help

    "no money no money no money" wrote:

    > I know I know...what an idiot.
    > But I accidently deleted the msn money program that came with the windows xp
    > sp2 disk.
    > How can I reinstall just the money program or do I have to reinstall the
    > whole service pack again?
    >
    > thanks for your help

MSN Microsoft Windows XP