can backups be pre-set for exiting windows?

Hello,

I have a number of spread sheets that I work on daily and was wondering if
there was some way I could "program" Windows XP pro to automatically back up
these files to an external drive (flash card reader in this case), in order
to keep my backups "fresh".

Is this a possibility or do I need 3rd party software to accomplish this
task?

thanks for any pointers...

OKB
1 answer Last reply
More about backups exiting windows

    Types of backup
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/types_of_backup.mspx

    Protecting The Windows XP System and Data
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/protecting_the_system.htm

    HOW TO: Schedule Tasks in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308569

    HOW TO: Troubleshoot Scheduled Tasks in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308558

    Scheduled Tasks Cannot Run with a Blank Password
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310715

    Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm and scroll down to:
    "Scheduled Tasks - Applying/Running tasks without a password­"

    [Courtesy of Kelly Theriot, MS-MVP]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Okay Boy!" wrote:

    | Hello,
    |
    | I have a number of spread sheets that I work on daily and was wondering if
    | there was some way I could "program" Windows XP pro to automatically back up
    | these files to an external drive (flash card reader in this case), in order
    | to keep my backups "fresh".
    |
    | Is this a possibility or do I need 3rd party software to accomplish this
    | task?
    |
    | thanks for any pointers...
    |
    | OKB

Windows XP