can backups be pre-set for exiting windows?

February 6, 2005 3:23:54 AM

Hello,

I have a number of spread sheets that I work on daily and was wondering if
there was some way I could "program" Windows XP pro to automatically back up
these files to an external drive (flash card reader in this case), in order
to keep my backups "fresh".

Is this a possibility or do I need 3rd party software to accomplish this
task?

thanks for any pointers...

OKB
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 3:23:55 AM

Types of backup

Protecting The Windows XP System and Data
http://www.theeldergeek.com/protecting_the_system.htm

HOW TO: Schedule Tasks in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308569

HOW TO: Troubleshoot Scheduled Tasks in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308558

Scheduled Tasks Cannot Run with a Blank Password
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310715

Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm and scroll down to:
"Scheduled Tasks - Applying/Running tasks without a password­"

[Courtesy of Kelly Theriot, MS-MVP]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP