How many short cuts avaialble for WinXP Pro?

When I tried to make a shortcut on desktop, I got a following error:

Unable to create the file "New Shortcut".
There are no more files.

I did not know that there is a limitation the number of shortcuts I can
make.

My question is how many shortcut I can create for desktop?
TIA. Satoshi

macho wrote:
> When I tried to make a shortcut on desktop, I got a following error:
>
> Unable to create the file "New Shortcut".
> There are no more files.
>
> I did not know that there is a limitation the number of shortcuts I
> can make.
>
> My question is how many shortcut I can create for desktop?
> TIA. Satoshi

Your question may not have an answer..
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

However.. In doing RESEARCH using GOOGLE and other research techniques - I
did come across this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/177909

( Ignore the versioning.. Try it anyway. )

Also - can you create shortcuts ANYWHERE?

--
<- Shenan ->

Hi Satoshi,

This problem is seen as of recent, may be caused by a malware (or an
after-effect of malware removal). See if this command helps, from Start/Run:

regsvr32 /i shell32

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User