Animations on the web

February 5, 2005 10:43:02 PM

I'm not able to see any animations online. Can someone tell me how to fix
this problem?

More about : animations web

Anonymous
February 6, 2005 12:47:06 AM

You should download the following for free:

Free Software - Java Software for the desktop
http://java.com/en/index.jsp

Macromedia Flash Player
http://www.macromedia.com/downloads/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Marilyn" wrote:

| I'm not able to see any animations online. Can someone tell me how to fix
| this problem?
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 7:59:02 AM

I downloaded both of the programs and rebooted the computer. I'm still not
able to see any animations on some of my web sites. Now what can I do?

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> You should download the following for free:
>
> Free Software - Java Software for the desktop
> http://java.com/en/index.jsp
>
> Macromedia Flash Player
> http://www.macromedia.com/downloads/
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/defaul...

> "Marilyn" wrote:
>
> | I'm not able to see any animations online. Can someone tell me how to fix
> | this problem?

February 6, 2005 11:11:44 AM

Launch Internet Explorer and from the Toolbar select:
Tools > Internet Options > Advanced. Scroll down and
place a check next to "Play animations in web pages"
and click Apply.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"marilynbellinger" wrote:

| I downloaded both of the programs and rebooted the computer. I'm still not
| able to see any animations on some of my web sites. Now what can I do?
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 11:11:45 AM

I have that checked all ready. Now what?

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Launch Internet Explorer and from the Toolbar select:
> Tools > Internet Options > Advanced. Scroll down and
> place a check next to "Play animations in web pages"
> and click Apply.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/defaul...

> "marilynbellinger" wrote:
>
> | I downloaded both of the programs and rebooted the computer. I'm still not
> | able to see any animations on some of my web sites. Now what can I do?

Anonymous
February 6, 2005 11:39:16 AM

"Marilyn" <Marilyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm not able to see any animations online. Can someone tell me how to
> fix this problem?

Animated GIFs don't work:
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#ani_gif

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Did you install them, and when you say "my web sites, do you mean your own, or sites that you simply visit? Also, do you have a firewall (or program installed) that is setup to (maybe) block animations?

"marilynbellinger" <marilynbellinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DB9B748-0CEF-4384-AD49-1BDA00968400@microsoft.com...
>I downloaded both of the programs and rebooted the computer. I'm still not
> able to see any animations on some of my web sites. Now what can I do?
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You should download the following for free:
>>
>> Free Software - Java Software for the desktop
>> http://java.com/en/index.jsp
>>
>> Macromedia Flash Player
>> http://www.macromedia.com/downloads/
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>> Microsoft Newsgroups
>>
>> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/defaul...

>> "Marilyn" wrote:
>>
>> | I'm not able to see any animations online. Can someone tell me how to fix
>> | this problem?

Anonymous
February 6, 2005 12:26:40 PM

It was the firewall in Zone Alarm that was keeping me from seeing any
animations online. I've changed the settings now and it's working. Thank you
so much for all your help.

!