Animations on the web

I'm not able to see any animations online. Can someone tell me how to fix
this problem?
7 answers Last reply
More about animations

    You should download the following for free:

    Free Software - Java Software for the desktop
    http://java.com/en/index.jsp

    Macromedia Flash Player
    http://www.macromedia.com/downloads/

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Marilyn" wrote:

    | I'm not able to see any animations online. Can someone tell me how to fix
    | this problem?

    I downloaded both of the programs and rebooted the computer. I'm still not
    able to see any animations on some of my web sites. Now what can I do?

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > You should download the following for free:
    >
    > Free Software - Java Software for the desktop
    > http://java.com/en/index.jsp
    >
    > Macromedia Flash Player
    > http://www.macromedia.com/downloads/
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.mspx

    > "Marilyn" wrote:
    >
    > | I'm not able to see any animations online. Can someone tell me how to fix
    > | this problem?

    Launch Internet Explorer and from the Toolbar select:
    Tools > Internet Options > Advanced. Scroll down and
    place a check next to "Play animations in web pages"
    and click Apply.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "marilynbellinger" wrote:

    | I downloaded both of the programs and rebooted the computer. I'm still not
    | able to see any animations on some of my web sites. Now what can I do?

    I have that checked all ready. Now what?

    "Marilyn" <Marilyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm not able to see any animations online. Can someone tell me how to
    > fix this problem?

    Animated GIFs don't work:
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#ani_gif

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Did you install them, and when you say "my web sites, do you mean your own, or sites that you simply visit? Also, do you have a firewall (or program installed) that is setup to (maybe) block animations?

    "marilynbellinger" <marilynbellinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DB9B748-0CEF-4384-AD49-1BDA00968400@microsoft.com...
    >I downloaded both of the programs and rebooted the computer. I'm still not
    > able to see any animations on some of my web sites. Now what can I do?
    >
    > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> You should download the following for free:
    >>
    >> Free Software - Java Software for the desktop
    >> http://java.com/en/index.jsp
    >>
    >> Macromedia Flash Player
    >> http://www.macromedia.com/downloads/
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carey Frisch
    >> Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP - Shell/User
    >> Microsoft Newsgroups
    >>
    >> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.mspx

    >> "Marilyn" wrote:
    >>
    >> | I'm not able to see any animations online. Can someone tell me how to fix
    >> | this problem?

    It was the firewall in Zone Alarm that was keeping me from seeing any
    animations online. I've changed the settings now and it's working. Thank you
    so much for all your help.

    "Tom" wrote:

    > Did you install them, and when you say "my web sites, do you mean your own, or sites that you simply visit? Also, do you have a firewall (or program installed) that is setup to (maybe) block animations?
    >
    > "marilynbellinger" <marilynbellinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DB9B748-0CEF-4384-AD49-1BDA00968400@microsoft.com...
    > >I downloaded both of the programs and rebooted the computer. I'm still not
    > > able to see any animations on some of my web sites. Now what can I do?
    > >
    > > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
    > >
    > >> You should download the following for free:
    > >>
    > >> Free Software - Java Software for the desktop
    > >> http://java.com/en/index.jsp
    > >>
    > >> Macromedia Flash Player
    > >> http://www.macromedia.com/downloads/
    > >>
    > >> --