pman78

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2001
I recently purchased this board and I am having problems getting Windows XP to load. It will get to between 25 and 35% installed then hang for 30 secs or so then I get a blue screen of death. I have read and heard about the P4SDX memory timing issues but I am not sure how to modify them to make this work properly. I have 2 x 256 Corsair DDR 333 (2700) DIMMs installed in dual channel mode. All the memory timings and settings are currently set to auto. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

LumberJack

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
Try reducing the FSB on the ram in the bios to 266. There have been problems with running at that speed. Timings are fine on auto... Try and see what happens...

To err is human... to really screw things up you need a computer!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Is that their 655 chipset board? Apparently it won't work at the Cas2 setting, but runs the Cas2.5 setting at amazing speeds.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

pman78

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2001
Excellent.... Thank you very much for the advice. I changed the timing to CL 2.5 and it booted right up. I was able to install and configure all my other components.

I did run into one other issue I was hoping you might know about. None of the 6 USB 2.0 (4 rear I/O panel, 2 additonal from onboard) ports can detect any USB device I install. I have tried 2 differnt mice, a keyboard, and an MP3 player. I looked in the device manager and there were not issues with the driver or port set ups.

Thanks in advance

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
it could be using the wrong USB controller driver. Did you load all the chipset drivers that came with the system board CD?

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>