downloading files from a CD to computer

Linda

I knew we were going to crash the computer and copied everything to CD's. We
reinstalled Win XP from the disc. When I put the CD in that I made, the
folders are all images for Paint Shop Pro, it gives me the option of seeing
them with a picture program or going through my HP printer. How can I just
download the files on the CD to the computer? Am I missing some kind of
program or file? I used Roxio to make the CD's and can see everything but
not how to get them back onto the computer. Thanks

Did you reinstall Paint Shop Pro after reinstalling Windows XP?

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Linda" wrote:

| I knew we were going to crash the computer and copied everything to CD's. We
| reinstalled Win XP from the disc. When I put the CD in that I made, the
| folders are all images for Paint Shop Pro, it gives me the option of seeing
| them with a picture program or going through my HP printer. How can I just
| download the files on the CD to the computer? Am I missing some kind of
| program or file? I used Roxio to make the CD's and can see everything but
| not how to get them back onto the computer. Thanks

Linda

Yes, but the files were all in "My Documents." When I put the CD in the CD
rom, I only get options to look at them through a kodak picture program,
print them, use my printer photo program. I want to put all of the files
back into My Documents. I've never done this before and don't seem to have
something to download the files.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Did you reinstall Paint Shop Pro after reinstalling Windows XP?
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.mspx

> "Linda" wrote:
>
> | I knew we were going to crash the computer and copied everything to CD's. We
> | reinstalled Win XP from the disc. When I put the CD in that I made, the
> | folders are all images for Paint Shop Pro, it gives me the option of seeing
> | them with a picture program or going through my HP printer. How can I just
> | download the files on the CD to the computer? Am I missing some kind of
> | program or file? I used Roxio to make the CD's and can see everything but
> | not how to get them back onto the computer. Thanks

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

I think you're saying that you can see the files but don't know how to copy
them from one location to another?
Open the CD from My Computer and open your "My Documents" folder. Select
the files in the CD window that you want to copy (Edit / Select All for all
of them). Drag them with the left mouse button down to the "My Documents"
window. Note that they will be copied as Read Only files. To change this,
select them in "My Documents", right click for properties, and uncheck the
Read Only box.
--

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 16:13:02 -0800, Linda wrote:

> Yes, but the files were all in "My Documents." When I put the CD in the CD
> rom, I only get options to look at them through a kodak picture program,
> print them, use my printer photo program. I want to put all of the files
> back into My Documents. I've never done this before and don't seem to have
> something to download the files.

Close the autoplay screen and open Windows Explorer. If clicking directly
on the icon for the drive holding the CD, starts autoplay again. Close that
screen again. Then carefully right click on the same drive icon and select
Explore.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User