install HP Laserjet Plus in XP

a b α HP
February 7, 2005 7:42:23 PM

Alex Nichol Wrote:
> CBPMIKE wrote:
> -
> I have had an HP Laserjet 4+ since windows 3.1 thru 98SE - running
> with
> no problems. When I upgraded to XP, I cannot install the printer. I
> have downloaded the latest drivers from HP, but the printer will not
> print a test page after installation. The printer works, since I can
> print a test page from the printer menu.-
>
> do not try drivers downloaded from HP. Go to Start - Printers and
> Faxes, use Add Printer on the left. Select the port (LPT1) and
> continue
> - do not search for Plug and Play. In the list take HP on the left
> and
> then (well down) the LaserJet 4 Plus for Microsoft Windows XP
>

> --
> Alex Nichol MS MVP (Windows Technologies)
> Bournemouth, U.K. Alexn@mvps.D8E8L.org (remove the D8 bit)
Thanks for all the replies - but no success. It's a shame, the HP4+ is
great little workhorse printer. I am supprised that is is not supported
or that no one else has experienced this problem.

--
CBPMIKE

More about : install laserjet

Anonymous
a b α HP
February 7, 2005 7:42:24 PM

You might try searching HP's Knowledge Base. I know there are HP 4+ printers
out there and imagine others have tried to get them to work with XP. So I
imagine you'll find some tips on HP's forums.

!