transferring my computer to a new user

How do I save all of my files and clean it fro transfer to a new user
2 answers Last reply
More about transferring computer user

    Copy&paste all personal files such as photos, documents and downloads to
    a CD. When done, format the harddrive. You must give the WindowsXP
    installation disk with the PC to the new user, especially if your selling it.

    "centerfirst" <centerfirst@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >How do I save all of my files and clean it fro transfer to a new user

    Use the "Files and Settings Transfer Wizard" in Windows XP to save
    your data files and program configuration settings to a removable
    backup device (e.g. CDRW drive, tape backup, etc) or to a network
    drive.

    Then when you have your new computer set up you can use FASTW again to
    import the saved information.

    See MVP Gary Woodruff's article on using FASTW at
    http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

    Note that if you have important data you probably want to make a
    second backup using a different procedure (e.g. copy the files using
    Windows Explorer) just to be doubly safe.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP