Type 1 fonts uninstall on reboot

Every time I reboot, all my Type One fonts are uninstalled. How can I stop
this? I asked this question before, but I don't see where I can search for
posts I've made and I don't remember my subject line.

SagCynthia wrote:
> Every time I reboot, all my Type One fonts are uninstalled. How can I stop
> this? I asked this question before, but I don't see where I can search for
> posts I've made and I don't remember my subject line.

Does no one know the answer to this?

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 17:41:33 GMT, Cynthia wrote:

> SagCynthia wrote:
>> Every time I reboot, all my Type One fonts are uninstalled. How can I stop
>> this? I asked this question before, but I don't see where I can search for
>> posts I've made and I don't remember my subject line.
>
> Does no one know the answer to this?

Type One fonts are not native to Windows XP. The only thing I can think of
is that the print driver or type manager for the app/fonts needs an
adjustment (installing, reinstalling or updating). I don't work with Type 1
fonts often so that's all I can think of. Suggest trying tech support from
Adobe or whatever application is involved for assistance.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

> On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 17:41:33 GMT, Cynthia wrote:
>

>>SagCynthia wrote:
>>
>>>Every time I reboot, all my Type One fonts are uninstalled. How can I stop
>>>this? I asked this question before, but I don't see where I can search for
>>>posts I've made and I don't remember my subject line.
>>
>>Does no one know the answer to this?
>

> Type One fonts are not native to Windows XP. The only thing I can think of
> is that the print driver or type manager for the app/fonts needs an
> adjustment (installing, reinstalling or updating). I don't work with Type 1
> fonts often so that's all I can think of. Suggest trying tech support from
> Adobe or whatever application is involved for assistance.

Thanks for responding, Sharon. Well, in fact, XP doesn't need a type
manager for type 1 fonts as specifcally stated by Microsoft. I don't
know why the print driver would affect it. I didn't have this problem
with 98 and the print driver and printer haven't changed between 98 and XP.