decrypting files

Hi everyone
I just got started with windows xp proff edition.
However i cannot decrypt some files i saved onto floppy disk from
windows millenium edition. the files that were saved were encrypted .
should i have decrypted them before i put them onto disk? Other files
that were not encrypted are fine and i now have them on xp. Can anyone
help me, i'm not to clever on pc's but i can follow instructions if
they are clear .
How do i decrypt them or can i decrypt them, are they lost forever?

anyone help ? Thanks

--
yorkshire man

Windows ME does not have encryption capability.
If the files were encrypted, you used a 3rd party program to encrypt them
and you should use the same program to decrypt them.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/