WOW and BSOD!

gamer666

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
Hello,
the other day i went out and bought myself another 22* lcd and a HDTV card thinking that i can run wow on 1 monitor and watch TV on the other. works fine for about 5 mins then i get BSOD!. it is immensely frustrating as you can imagen. all my drivers are up to date. only does this on wow (world of warcraft).

pc specs are....

Processor- Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad Q9300
Memory- 3070 RAM
DirectX Version- DirectX 10
Display- Asus EN9800GTX+ x2 SLI
Operating system- Windows Vista 32bit
Power supply- Toughpower Thermaltake 850w
Motherboard- Asus formula STRIKER II

has anyone else come across this issue?

if not what are some of the reasons i get BSOD (blue screen of death) ?

how can i fix this?

thanks Gamer666.

inquisitor03

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2006
Unfortunately not. You can download software which does record BSOD and saves them for you to look at on restart.

You can look through the Event Viewer (Control Panel > Administrative Tools) and see what errors there are at the time of the BSOD.

Edit: Just noticed.... Have you tried disabling SLI?

gamer666

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
naa mate, havn't gave that a shot yet. will do.
now i got internet explorer locking up at random times :(
whats goin on with this pc!

gamer666

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008

Dont know if this means anything to you, dont exacly get allot of time to write down the msg from BSOD when it pops up.

0x000000124

inquisitor03

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2006
If you google the error code, you'll find lots of people having the same problem!

Some suggest removing any Bluetooth devices you have installed.

What Soundcard do you have? If its an on-board Realtek this has also been linked to the BSOD you have been getting.

If that's the case one way that might identify the problem is to disable sound in WoW temporarily to see if this resolves the problem. If it does you could try re-installing the drivers for it or replacing it with a dedicated PCI soundcard.

Also,

1) Right Click "My Computer"
2) Properties
3) Advanced Tab
4) Click on "Settings" under "Startup and Recovery"
5) De-select "Automatic Restart"

This will leave the BSOD on screen until you press the power button so you have time to read the messages before they disappear!! :)

gamer666

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
i dont have any bluetooth devices and i'm using the soundcard that came with my motherboard Asus striker 2 formula. Soundmax SupremeFXII