XP execution speed

I measured execution speed of my new PC based on Pentium 4 at 3.4 GHz.
Both CliBench and a small program I created with Visual C++ 6 show
that it is slower than my older PC with Athlon XP at 2.6GHz. One program uses
50% CPU, and two use about 100%, but I do heavy computations and need
100% CPU for one program. How can I do that ?

Do you have HyperThreading enabled in the BIOS?
www.coribright.com

"Ergo" <Ergo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I measured execution speed of my new PC based on Pentium 4 at 3.4 GHz.
> Both CliBench and a small program I created with Visual C++ 6 show
> that it is slower than my older PC with Athlon XP at 2.6GHz. One program
> uses
> 50% CPU, and two use about 100%, but I do heavy computations and need
> 100% CPU for one program. How can I do that ?

"Ergo" <Ergo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I measured execution speed of my new PC based on Pentium 4 at 3.4 GHz.
> Both CliBench and a small program I created with Visual C++ 6 show
> that it is slower than my older PC with Athlon XP at 2.6GHz. One program
> uses
> 50% CPU, and two use about 100%, but I do heavy computations and need
> 100% CPU for one program. How can I do that ?

Did the Athlon XPs even scale to 2.6Ghz? If they did then it's no surprise
it's faster then a Pentium 4 @ 3.4Ghz for singled threaded applications.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.