jamesdcarroll

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
So I'm putting together my first machine. The motherboard is in and while looking at the various pieces and screws I came across a thin piece of metal that looks like suspiciously like the vaious ports poking out the back of my case and, lo and behold, there's a gaping, well, gap around there. I tried to wedge in there to no avail.

Please don't tell me I hafta take the whole darn MOBO out to put this this in there.

Please don't tell me I hafta take the whole darn MOBO out to put this this in there.
Sorry but, YES! you do, it snaps in from the inside, its no big deal just pull the M/B and put it in.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>

randy66

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2002
yes ,out it comes , next time its a good idea to lay out all pieces first and determine what everything is for & if it is needed for the installation

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Me being an automotive mechanic, you learn to cut holes in things and put patches over the holes! Don't laugh, this was actually a factory recomended proceedure for replacing heater cores in some GM musclecar era cars!

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>