Nokia 3589i users please reasd

Have any of you had problems using the 2.5 jack on the phone, I have 1
headset that worked but then stopped. My xbox live headset works great
but is too big to wear in public :)

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:13:38 GMT, Natural <jborrero@NoSPAMcomcast.net>
wrote:

>Have any of you had problems using the 2.5 jack on the phone, I have 1
>headset that worked but then stopped. My xbox live headset works great
>but is too big to wear in public :)

Regular 2.5 MM headsets will not work properly with Nokia phones.
Regular 2.5 MM plugs have three bands and Nokias have four bands on
the plug.
remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:49:20 -0700, Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.NONOcom>
wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:13:38 GMT, Natural <jborrero@NoSPAMcomcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Have any of you had problems using the 2.5 jack on the phone, I have 1
>> headset that worked but then stopped. My xbox live headset works great
>> but is too big to wear in public :)
>
> Regular 2.5 MM headsets will not work properly with Nokia phones.
> Regular 2.5 MM plugs have three bands and Nokias have four bands on
> the plug.

That statement is entirely incorrect with regard to the Nokia 3589i, which
was designed to use standard TRS plugs.

>>> Have any of you had problems using the 2.5 jack on the phone, I have 1
>>> headset that worked but then stopped. My xbox live headset works great
>>> but is too big to wear in public :)
>>
>> Regular 2.5 MM headsets will not work properly with Nokia phones.
>> Regular 2.5 MM plugs have three bands and Nokias have four bands on
>> the plug.
>
>That statement is entirely incorrect with regard to the Nokia 3589i, which
>was designed to use standard TRS plugs.

I use a standard headset all the time with the 3589i. I guess that Nokia
finally gave in to all the bad press, and decided to go standard :)
--
Dave
Visit my New England Cell Phone Page at