Sign in with
Your question

Vista 64bit and xbox 360 controller

Last response: in Video Games
February 23, 2009 8:58:54 AM

Ok gaming gurus

Here's the deal. I went to target and picked up an xbox 360 wired controller for world at war. I got home and plugged it in but i have no movement controll at all.
I've gone to microsoft and found a new driver and software for the 64 bit version of vista and installed that. But still nothing. Sure can use some help.
February 23, 2009 10:29:36 AM

stupid question but did u buy the controller for windows and not for xbox 360? there is a difference. i have a wireless 360 controller for my pc and i got home premium 64bit and it works fine.
February 23, 2009 10:50:15 AM

Dameon_Bananaman said:
stupid question but did u buy the controller for windows and not for xbox 360? there is a difference. i have a wireless 360 controller for my pc and i got home premium 64bit and it works fine.

Great question. I just looked at the package and i don't see a thing saying what platform this is. So i'm taking it for granted it is exclusively for xbox only.
Related resources
February 24, 2009 10:29:00 PM

Good catch daemeon, forgot there are two versions. I also have the wireless adapter so I can use my wireless headset on Vent. And actually, fallout 3 aint to bad on PC with the 360 controller (because I rented the 360 version first I was used to it).
February 25, 2009 10:44:14 AM

hopefully thats the problem and you can get the correct version now. happy to help :) 
!