Unable to remove a program using Add/Remove

I have tried to uninstall programs using Add/Remove, but it has failed to
remove them.

Is there another way to uninstall the programs?

Thank you for your help,

meadow
3 answers Last reply
More about unable remove program remove

    i'm not an expert but it happened to me .but after i rebooted they were gone
    ..try it it can't hurt!! hope it helps !

    "meadow" <meadow@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > I have tried to uninstall programs using Add/Remove, but it has failed
    > to remove them.
    >
    > Is there another way to uninstall the programs?
    >
    > Thank you for your help,
    >
    > meadow

    You could try to reinstal them once more to see if you get an entry in
    Add/Remove Programs so you could then uninstall it.

    You could try using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290301).

    Delete the remnant entry from Add/Remove Programs if the uninstall
    completed but the listing was left behind. Use regedit.exe to look
    under:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

    Contact the software developer to get manual uninstall instructions.

    Thank you.

    I reinstalled two programs and then I could remove them both using
    Add/Remove

    meadow

    "Vanguard" <use_ReplyTo@domain.invalid> wrote in message
    > "meadow" <meadow@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I have tried to uninstall programs using Add/Remove, but it has failed to
    >> remove them.
    >>
    >> Is there another way to uninstall the programs?
    >>
    >> Thank you for your help,
    >>
    >> meadow

    > You could try to reinstal them once more to see if you get an entry in
    > Add/Remove Programs so you could then uninstall it.
    >
    > You could try using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
    > (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290301).
    >
    > Delete the remnant entry from Add/Remove Programs if the uninstall
    > completed but the listing was left behind. Use regedit.exe to look under:
    >
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    >
    > Contact the software developer to get manual uninstall instructions.

    > Post your replies to the newsgroup. Share with others.
    > E-mail reply: Remove "NIXTHIS" and add "#VS811" to Subject.

Microsoft Windows XP