desktop files missing, please help

laura

I somehow have lost my desktop page with all my icons. Please tell me is
there a way I get it back? I was playing with cascading and really messed
this up. If anyone can help, I appreciate it. Laura

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 16:25:44 GMT, laura wrote:

> I somehow have lost my desktop page with all my icons. Please tell me is
> there a way I get it back? I was playing with cascading and really messed
> this up. If anyone can help, I appreciate it. Laura

Cascade refers to window placement only. The desktop and its icons are not
touched by that command. If you right click the taskbar and select "Show
Desktop," it should reappear.

If you have web items on the desktop, they might (shouldn't but might) be
covering up some desktop elements. Control Panel> Appearance and Themes >
Pick a Control Panel icon> Display. Click Desktop tab, then Customize, then
Web. Uncheck boxes for unwanted web items added to the desktop.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

laura

Thank you so much for your help. I had to go to the control panel. Thank
you so much. I was so lost.

--
Leigh

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 23:30:45 GMT, laura wrote:

> Thank you so much for your help. I had to go to the control panel. Thank
> you so much. I was so lost.
>
> --
> Leigh

You're welcome, Leigh. Glad to hear that you now have this working the way
that you want it to work.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User