SHORTCUT

How do I turn off the shortcut on my keyboard that shuts my computer down
without asking me if I really wanna do it? Thanks,

Does the shortcut on the keyboard use a Marco??
I use a shortcut on the desktop. Just create a icon and set the target
C:\ShutDown\shutdown.exe -u
Works without asking if I want to.
TonySper

"Turah Xavier" <Turah Xavier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:AC8EF83A-AFD1-4291-B947-EC366F4D2006@microsoft.com...
How do I turn off the shortcut on my keyboard that shuts my computer
down
without asking me if I really wanna do it? Thanks,

When I was installing windows XP there was this option (but i didnt really
payed enough attention) that said something like if i wanted some shortcut to
shutdown my computer without asking for my confirmation before doing it, and
it also said that i could turn this shortcut off. So my question how do I
turn it off?Sometimes I press the button by mistake and the computer shuts
down, by the way, i dont even know which button is.. i guess its CTRL +
Something. Thanks for your answer anyway. And I dont know what a Marco is,
sorry, english is not my first language. Thanks again.

"TonySper" wrote:

> Does the shortcut on the keyboard use a Marco??
> I use a shortcut on the desktop. Just create a icon and set the target
> C:\ShutDown\shutdown.exe -u
> Works without asking if I want to.
> TonySper
>
> "Turah Xavier" <Turah Xavier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:AC8EF83A-AFD1-4291-B947-EC366F4D2006@microsoft.com...
> How do I turn off the shortcut on my keyboard that shuts my computer
> down
> without asking me if I really wanna do it? Thanks,

Turah,
No problem, your English is better than my Spanish. What you have is a
Shortcut Key that got created. I do not know how to find which one is
doing it. To understand what I mean about a short cut you can look at
one of your Icons on your desktop. Right click your mouse on an icon
and then left click properties. You can see what the Target is, what
the Start in is and then the third line says Shortcut Key. You can set
any icon to have a shortcut key. Just enter in the Shortcut key a
combination of keys and then when those keys are entered the program
for that icon will be executed. There must be a way to find out what
shortcut keys are used for what but I do not know how to find that
out. Maybe someone on the group can advise you. Meanwhile do not worry
about your English, It is better than mine.
Tony

"Turah Xavier" <TurahXavier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:43457160-1267-4AB6-B62C-7B54031D8BF0@microsoft.com...
+

"TonySper" wrote:

> Does the shortcut on the keyboard use a Marco??
> I use a shortcut on the desktop. Just create a icon and set the
> target
> C:\ShutDown\shutdown.exe -u
> Works without asking if I want to.
> TonySper
>
> "Turah Xavier" <Turah Xavier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:AC8EF83A-AFD1-4291-B947-EC366F4D2006@microsoft.com...
> How do I turn off the shortcut on my keyboard that shuts my computer
> down
> without asking me if I really wanna do it? Thanks,

Hi Tony,
I´m sorry I didn´t reply before. I found out what was wrong, it had
something to do with saving energy at video properties (screen saver
options). Anyway, thanks for your replies and your shotcuts' tips.
ByeS :)
Turah.