mceng

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi,

I work for a computer maintenance department, and we still look after a lot of slot 1 systems. We've run out of slot 1 motherboards, so we need some.

Does anyone know of any suppliers (preferably in the UK or Europe) that would be able to sell us some motherboards? Obviously they won't be new, and buying from places like ebay isn't really an option.

Anyone?

MaverickSY19

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2003
I have a Asus P2B Intel 440BX chipset board in my collection of leftover motherboards after upgrades :), not sure you can buy those around anymore though you might get lucky and find some companies that have a old stockpile of them they want to unload.

MaverickSY19
P4 3.06 Hyperthreading CPU
Asus P4G8X Deluxe Granite Bay Intel 7205 Chipset w/2G Dual Port Ram
ATI 9800 Pro 128
Audigy XGamer w/5.1 Speakers
250 Gigs of total HD Space

Javic

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2002
You mention that Ebay isn't really an option, but thats where you'll probably find the largest selection of them. Most of the places selling mass quantities of old motherboards can probably sell them to you outside of ebay as well. It might be worth it to send the sellers and email and ask if you can purchase them outside of ebay. I've done that before myself.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'm a board refurbisher, I specialize in high end Slot 1 boards. I get most of them from eBay, I even buy "large lots" of defective units.

I've noticed that several eBay sellers have websites where you can buy large quantities of Slot 1 boards. Since you are looking at using them in business applications, the most common Intel SE440BX would probably be a good, inexpensive option.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>