good reasonably priced two-way alpha pager?

Can anyone recommend a two-way alpha pager they are happy with? Preferrably
one that is moderately priced.

Also, do pagers use true SMS? Or do they only go through email?

Thanks for any tips.

The one Verizon sells is fine EXCEPT for the fact you can't manage it
with a PC. It's absurd that you have to manually enter an address book and
that it apparently can't be transferred from one pager to another.

--
Thomas M. Goethe

"Neil W." wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a two-way alpha pager they are happy with? Preferrably
> one that is moderately priced.
>
> Also, do pagers use true SMS? Or do they only go through email?
>
> Thanks for any tips.

If you're interested in Verizon, have a look at:

http://www.verizonmessaging.com/t900_promo2.asp

Notan

> "Neil W." <neilw.nospam@netlib.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone recommend a two-way alpha pager they are happy with?
Preferrably
> one that is moderately priced.
>
> Also, do pagers use true SMS? Or do they only go through email?
>
> Thanks for any tips.

I have a Motorola 2000x that has
been upgraded to P935 specs.
It was used on SkyTel's system. I no longer use it.
If you'd contact via e-mail for particulars
I'll let you know all that is on this unit.

I am willing to part with it at a price we can both agree upon.

--
Andrew D. Sisson

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 05:19:21 GMT, "Neil W." <neilw.nospam@netlib.com>
wrote:

>Also, do pagers use true SMS?

No, they don't.

>Or do they only go through email?

Two-way pagers go through a paging-to-email gateway at the paging company.

--
John Bartley K7AAY http://celdata.cjb.net
This post quad-ROT-13 encrypted; reading it violates the DMCA.

"Neil W." <neilw.nospam@netlib.com> wrote in

> Can anyone recommend a two-way alpha pager they are happy with?
> Preferrably one that is moderately priced.

I'am happy with:

http://storefront.metrocall.com

Using a t900 converted from bellsouth, I'am on a $14.95 600 messages plan
but their web site list a $19.95 1000 messages plan. You could call them
and ask about the $14.95 plan, 888-427-2437 (888-4-A-PAGER) .