Logitech Momo - Strange Force Feedback In F1 2002

kidrow

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
Dear all,

I recently bought a Logitech Momo racing wheel [black with rubber grip]. In F1 2002, I found that with the Force Feedback set to a +ve value, the wheel hardly offers any resistance & 'slips & slides'. However, the response from the wheel is consistent. The feel of the track surface [or is it the engine vibrating?] is experienced throughout. I can feel the rumble strips, as well as a few shocks as the car downshifts, or around turns.

Upon setting the FF value to a -ve one, I found that though the handling greatly improved [no slipping & sliding], the feel of the track [or vibrating engine?] is lost on turns. It's as if the FF has been switched off while turning the wheel. During the straight runs, the track feel [or vibrating engine?] comes back on.

The ideal effect would be a combination of the two - the consistent feel of the +ve value & the resistance/stiffness and control of the -ve value

I'm currently using Logitech Wingman Profiler v5.02.116, with all settings set to default. In-game settings are set to default as well. The OS is XP SP3.

Please help. I'd heard so much about the wheel's FF but I'm not entirely happy atm. Thanks.

kidrow

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
Anyone?!!! Could someone please direct me to a good gaming hardware dedicated forum, so I can seek help there? Thanks!