When I start the disk cleanup utility on my WinXP SP2 there is a check
mark beside everything that needs to be cleared, including:
WebClient/Publisher Temporary files. Aren't those supposed to be deleted
when I perform the disk cleanup, right along with everything else that's
checked? Those buggers persist in sticking around, and the list is
growing....
Can they be deleted manually, or should I just leave them alone?
I noticed some are from where I used online scanners such as Trend
Micro, Panda, etc...

Take Care; Marty

Are you saying they're not deleted by Disk Cleanup?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security

martymkm@webtv.net wrote:
> When I start the disk cleanup utility on my WinXP SP2 there is a check
> mark beside everything that needs to be cleared, including:
> WebClient/Publisher Temporary files. Aren't those supposed to be deleted
> when I perform the disk cleanup, right along with everything else that's
> checked? Those buggers persist in sticking around, and the list is
> growing....
> Can they be deleted manually, or should I just leave them alone?
> I noticed some are from where I used online scanners such as Trend
> Micro, Panda, etc...
>
> Take Care; Marty

Yes, they're still there, even after several disk cleanups. And it
always tells me that getting rid of them will save me 32KB when dick
cleanup is complete, (NOT) When in all actuality several thousand KB of
files are listed and they refuse to leave.
As I said, still there, and still growing....