XP Faxing

February 11, 2005 1:28:06 PM

I have installed the fax from the xp cd pro on my computer. It works fine
when I fax out. I am trying to set up another computer to use the fax remote
and when I try to setup the printer(fax) it wants me to log into the main
computer as guest and wants a password which there is none. Can someone help
or walk me through this. Thank you.

Lary

More about : faxing

Anonymous
February 15, 2005 3:52:23 AM

Lary wrote:
> I have installed the fax from the xp cd pro on my computer. It works
> fine when I fax out. I am trying to set up another computer to use
> the fax remote and when I try to setup the printer(fax) it wants me
> to log into the main computer as guest and wants a password which
> there is none. Can someone help or walk me through this. Thank you.
>

> Lary

1) You are posting to the wrong group - this question should have been
posted in microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax

2) If I understand you correctly, you wish to share the fax remotely?
This is not possible, Windows XP (Home or Pro) doesn't support shared
(network) faxing. In order to network a fax modem as you would a printer,
you need Windows 2003 Server.

on salads.
!