XP Faxing

I have installed the fax from the xp cd pro on my computer. It works fine
when I fax out. I am trying to set up another computer to use the fax remote
and when I try to setup the printer(fax) it wants me to log into the main
computer as guest and wants a password which there is none. Can someone help
or walk me through this. Thank you.

Lary
1 answer Last reply
More about faxing

    Lary wrote:
    > I have installed the fax from the xp cd pro on my computer. It works
    > fine when I fax out. I am trying to set up another computer to use
    > the fax remote and when I try to setup the printer(fax) it wants me
    > to log into the main computer as guest and wants a password which
    > there is none. Can someone help or walk me through this. Thank you.
    >

    > Lary

    1) You are posting to the wrong group - this question should have been
    posted in microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax

    2) If I understand you correctly, you wish to share the fax remotely?
    This is not possible, Windows XP (Home or Pro) doesn't support shared
    (network) faxing. In order to network a fax modem as you would a printer,
    you need Windows 2003 Server.

    on salads.

Fax Computers Windows XP