Adding to All Programs Menu

How do you add a program to the All Programs Menu? I can find plenty of
instructions for adding to the Start Menu, but not to the AP. What happened
is this: when I deleted the shorcuts to "Open Office Document" and "New
Office Document" - my shortcut to FrontPage, which I had just installed, also
disappeared. The desktop shortcut is still there, but I would also like to
have it on the AP Menu. Help! Thank you.
4 answers Last reply
More about adding programs menu

    Hi,

    Move the shortcut to this folder:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "pwgande" <pwgande@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do you add a program to the All Programs Menu? I can find plenty of
    > instructions for adding to the Start Menu, but not to the AP. What
    > happened
    > is this: when I deleted the shorcuts to "Open Office Document" and "New
    > Office Document" - my shortcut to FrontPage, which I had just installed,
    > also
    > disappeared. The desktop shortcut is still there, but I would also like to
    > have it on the AP Menu. Help! Thank you.

    Thank you!!!
    How easy was that!?
    Now, rhetorically (or for you to pass on...): Why on earth could I find, all
    over the internet, all over my Windows XP Help files, all over the MS
    Knowledge Base, instructions on how to delete or organize the AP Menu, but
    nothing, nothing, nothing telling me how to (oh so simply, thanks again) add
    something to it?!
    -pwgande

    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Move the shortcut to this folder:
    > C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "pwgande" <pwgande@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > How do you add a program to the All Programs Menu? I can find plenty of
    > > instructions for adding to the Start Menu, but not to the AP. What
    > > happened
    > > is this: when I deleted the shorcuts to "Open Office Document" and "New
    > > Office Document" - my shortcut to FrontPage, which I had just installed,
    > > also
    > > disappeared. The desktop shortcut is still there, but I would also like to
    > > have it on the AP Menu. Help! Thank you.

    Hi,

    Seems obvious once you know - perhaps this is why these types of things
    aren't documented very well.

    --

    > Thank you!!!
    > How easy was that!?
    > Now, rhetorically (or for you to pass on...): Why on earth could I find,
    > all
    > over the internet, all over my Windows XP Help files, all over the MS
    > Knowledge Base, instructions on how to delete or organize the AP Menu, but
    > nothing, nothing, nothing telling me how to (oh so simply, thanks again)
    > add
    > something to it?!
    > -pwgande
    >
    > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Move the shortcut to this folder:
    >> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,

    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >>
    >> "pwgande" <pwgande@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > How do you add a program to the All Programs Menu? I can find plenty of
    >> > instructions for adding to the Start Menu, but not to the AP. What
    >> > happened
    >> > is this: when I deleted the shorcuts to "Open Office Document" and "New
    >> > Office Document" - my shortcut to FrontPage, which I had just
    >> > installed,
    >> > also
    >> > disappeared. The desktop shortcut is still there, but I would also like
    >> > have it on the AP Menu. Help! Thank you.

    If you have multiple users and only wish to add to your "all programs" then
    put the shortcut in this file.
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Start Menu\Programs

    The "all programs" menu is actually a combination of both files.

    > Hi,
    >
    > Move the shortcut to this folder:
    > C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "pwgande" <pwgande@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> How do you add a program to the All Programs Menu? I can find plenty of
    >> instructions for adding to the Start Menu, but not to the AP. What
    >> happened
    >> is this: when I deleted the shorcuts to "Open Office Document" and "New
    >> Office Document" - my shortcut to FrontPage, which I had just installed,
    >> also
    >> disappeared. The desktop shortcut is still there, but I would also like
    >> have it on the AP Menu. Help! Thank you.

Document Windows XP