error message in outlook express

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

my outlook express does not work.
an error message pops up when I try to send or receive....the message says
the host server could not be found. When I check everything is correct but
the message keeps coming back. Before this error message I had a password
problem, it did not recognize my password. Somehow that's not a problem at
this time.

Hi,

If you've made no changes and this just started happening, then I would
first contact the mail provider. It may not be you.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Dave Wrote:
> my outlook express does not work.
> an error message pops up when I try to send or receive....the message
> says
> the host server could not be found. When I check everything is correct
> but
> the message keeps coming back. Before this error message I had a
> password
> problem, it did not recognize my password. Somehow that's not a
> problem at
> this time.
did u get an error code? something that starts with 0x800ccc___

--
heroine

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

exactly! what caused this?

"heroine" wrote:

> Dave Wrote:
> > my outlook express does not work.
> > an error message pops up when I try to send or receive....the message
> > says
> > the host server could not be found. When I check everything is correct
> > but
> > the message keeps coming back. Before this error message I had a
> > password
> > problem, it did not recognize my password. Somehow that's not a
> > problem at
> > this time.
> did u get an error code? something that starts with 0x800ccc___
>

> --
> heroine

Dave

Distinguished