Drive_Me_Far

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2003
I've been having some trouble puting together my latest system and i need some advice. every time i try to start up, the board gives me a F1 error. here are the specs:

EP-8KHA+
Athlon XP 1700+
300W PSU
PC2100 DDR RAM

I've tried dumping the CMOS and replacing the RAM, and was wondering what else a potential problem could be. when I first put the system together, there was a short circut that blew out th PSU which had to be replaced, could that have also fried a circut on the board? any advice would be much appreciated.

Maverick494

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2003
Funny story, I had the exact same problem with an 8KHA+ it gave me the F1 error no matter what. I had to RMA it and the one I got back is still just sitting in my closet because after they sent me back another one and I decided that I would try a different board (iWill XP333). I would say that you should think about an upgrade on your mobo if at all possible. The EPOX 8kha+ was a good board, but notice the was. there are better things to be had now if you can. If not Email me at Jpulley@ford.navy.mil and maybe we can work out a great deal for me to send you another 8KHA+ that I don't really need. It has only been opened once I think and that was just to look at it.

Just a computer junky