john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Whenever I run defrag I am left with one file that won't defrag - it is the
Autoroute Data file of around 345 Mb.

Can I do anything about this to get a 100% fix?

--

Regards

John

John..

It is not imperative that every file has no fragmented parts.. indeed it is
quite difficult to avoid in some cases.. if you are experiencing NO
problems, then just forget about it..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
> Whenever I run defrag I am left with one file that won't defrag - it is
> the Autoroute Data file of around 345 Mb.
>
> Can I do anything about this to get a 100% fix?
>
> --
>

> Regards
>
> John

I'm only guessing here but I assume the Autoroute data file actually
contains all the map data for your autoroute program and cannot therefore be
defragmented. The same applies to the hibernation data file (hyberfil.sys).
When hibernation is activated the file cannot be defragmented. The only way
around it is to disable hibernation, which effectively removes the file and
allow defrag to defragment the free space left by the file. You cannot
remove the autoroute data file without making autoroute unusable so I
certainly wouldn't worry about it not being defragmented.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert