Status
Not open for further replies.

tsd16

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Anyone else have the issue with the PS3 sound when playing a dvd, the speech is really low whereas other noises are really loud? This same issue occured on the ps2. Hoping to maybe find a resolution.

i.e. watching a war film for example you need to crank the sound up to hear speech well, but the moment there's an explosion or gunfire its loud as heck. Its bugging me because i was hoping this wouldn't be an issue with the ps3 (like I said same problem with ps2, on different TV's). tried searching the net, no luck. Its not a big deal during the day, but im a night owl, love to watch movies, and live in an apartment, I am sure my neighbors wouldnt appreciate thinking WW3 started in the middle of the night.

Not an issue while playing games, the sound is just fine during gameplay. Same issue be it blu ray or dvd. Wondering if its an issue with Sony's playback technology. Hoping theres a way to regulate the sound so no sound is louder than any other.

mi1ez

Splendid
try fidling with the EQ. turn treble down a bit and bass down a bit more. Not the answer you're after I'm sure, but I can't think of any other problems except possibly TV placement. the bass will always be more "boomy" if speakers are in a corner.

womble

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
I'd have a rootle round the audio menus to see if there is anything to do with dynamic range controls. Certainly my Pioneer dvd player has an option and pretty sure my old Aiwa did too (not sure if it only applicable to a digital signal or not off the top of my head). Sort of rebalances things for lower volume listening.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS