dialog box?

i downoadd a couple attachments from emails into my "my documents" folder.
hey are word documents. then when i try to open them i get a message saying
that command cannot be performed because i have an open dialog box. click ok
and close boxes to continue. i have no idea what that means or even what a
diaog box is. clueless...help.

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:31:01 -0800, padg wrote:

> i downoadd a couple attachments from emails into my "my documents" folder.
> hey are word documents. then when i try to open them i get a message saying
> that command cannot be performed because i have an open dialog box. click ok
> and close boxes to continue. i have no idea what that means or even what a
> diaog box is. clueless...help.

A dialog box is an "action" box. For example, after downloading a file
there is notification that the download is complete. You need to click OK
before doing anything else with the download. Another example: If you have
Word Macro virus protection enabled in your antivirus program, you may find
a notification/window asking about opening the file that needs a response
from you before anything else with happen with the file.

When this message appears, try minimizing one window at a time until you
uncover the message box that is waiting for your approval or other
interaction.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User