I will never buy another Asus product again!

ee7162

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2003
I recently bought a logitech 5.1 speaker system and Asus A7N8X 6-Channel Audio motherboard. Only the deluxe model actually has 6 channels, the normal version has 2 channels.

I don’t know where I got the idea that I could hook up 6 speakers to the motherboard. Oh yes, I think it’s the fact the manufactures pages say:
“6-Channel Audio
The A7N8X uses an onboard Realtek® ALC650 audio CODEC that lets you enjoy high-quality 6-channel audio without having to buy advanced sound cards.”
Or maybe it was the fact that the box says “6-Channel Audio” on it.

From now on I will only buy components from manufactures that do not try to rip-off their customers.

aliu42

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2003
A7N8X (Regular) does in fact have 6 channel audio...

You just have to turn it on in the system settings..

There's a check box in the Audio Device settings that tells the system to use the MIC and AUX connectors for 6 channel audio. Mind you..the 6 channel audio on the regular board..is still not as good as the Soundstorm processor on the Deluxe board..

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein
3DMark2001<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6317063" target="_new">http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6317063</A>

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
since when have instruction manuals been worth anything? ive never had a motherboard that didnt have a terribly translated, and incredibly innacurate manual.

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!

melvin13

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
so are you still going to boycott all Asus products now ;-) ?

yeah those manuals never tell you what you need to know...

LumberJack

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
Bah.. asus is overated... other companies also have good stable products with better manuals... As for AC'97 sound... it sucks... it turns into 6.1 by using all the jacks on the mobo and riser card... If your serious about sound i say don't rely on your mobo to give it to you...

To err is human... to really screw things up you need a computer!