Sign in with
Your question

2009's most anticipated PC games

Last response: in Video Games
March 4, 2009 1:30:21 PM

Many people have said that PC gaming is dead. But i say its far from dead. I have compiled the list of all the PC games that are going to be released this year. This year is gonna be a blast.
Here's my Lens (or blog, whatever u call it) about PC games
http://www.squidoo.com/2009pcgames

If possible please comment on the lens too.

More about : 2009 anticipated games

March 4, 2009 3:03:38 PM

Many people say PC gaming is dead... but they're the ones that concentrate on console magazines. PC gaming is alive and kicking, and isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Diablo III and Starcraft 2 are among my most anticipated games of 2009, with Majesty 2 coming pretty high on my own list.

Also, I find it absolutely hilarous that all the action games have female protagonists.

Godfather 2 better live up to how awesome the first one was, Overlord 2 better be considerably more fun than the first one, and Sims 3 can curl up in a corner with a teddy bear soaked in a very concentrated acid and die.
March 4, 2009 3:18:46 PM

Is Project Offset coming out this year? Or are you just hoping that it is?
I hope to see Duke Nukem 4ever this year!
Related resources
March 4, 2009 3:30:32 PM

Battlefield 1943 - Battlefield Heroes - Empire Total War (any day :) ) - Left4Dead Extra Content - Did I hear rumours bout a Bioshock2?
Duke Nukem? Lol we will still be waiting for that when im old and grey!
March 4, 2009 3:34:03 PM

Can't say. They might get delayed or may release at the correct date. It depends.
Mine personal favorite is Diablo 3 and Empire:Total War
March 4, 2009 10:04:30 PM

Most anticipated games of 2009 for me:
Bioshock 2
Prototype
Jumpgate Evolution
Starcraft 2
Star Trek Online
Dragon Age Origins
Mass Effect 2 (I doubt it will be ready in 2009 plus I might get it for the 360.)

I haven't decided about Diablo 3, for some reason I never got into that series.
March 7, 2009 12:19:22 PM

I don't think mass effect gonna come this year. It will come next year most probably and seriously crazy abt bioshock 2. I can't wait.
March 8, 2009 6:56:23 PM

Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, and The Old Republic all look really good.
March 9, 2009 12:11:32 AM

Shloeb said:
Many people have said that PC gaming is dead. But i say its far from dead.

I disagree, I game on all platforms, PS2/3, XBOX 360, Wii, DS, (not PSP) and PC. PC is by far my main platform, but its on a lifeline, without WoW the user base of PC is cut significantly, which is already significantly smaller than the console market. With that said, if the console market does come up with WoW killer than that will remove a good number of people from the PC gaming market all together.

I just bought DoW2 and its a pretty good game, its online play is buggy (from match making to balance to exploits) right now and the fact that it interfaces with steam and games for windows live seems to cause problems.

Who knows with D3 and SC2 are coming though.
March 9, 2009 7:29:30 AM

But pc gaming is not dead. But its surely suffering thats for sure. But with developers still going for pcs shows that pc gaming won't go boom anytime soon. Proof is Resident Evil 5 which is also coming on pc. and why u can say only WOW is keeping pc gaming alive. There are a whole lot of strategy games that are only best enjoyed on pc. Lets c empire:total war running on pc and FPSes are also best enjoyed on keyboard mouse combo.
March 9, 2009 2:32:26 PM

why u can say only WOW is keeping pc gaming alive. said:
why u can say only WOW is keeping pc gaming alive.

Because WoW consists of over $2 billion in revenue each year. I wouldn't be suprised if that wasn't at least a third, if not a half, of all revenue generated in PC market. Its not the only reason PC gaming is still alive but its the by far the biggest.

There are a whole lot of strategy games that are only best enjoyed on pc. Lets c empire:total war running on pc and FPSes are also best enjoyed on keyboard mouse combo. said:

There are a whole lot of strategy games that are only best enjoyed on pc. Lets c empire:total war running on pc and FPSes are also best enjoyed on keyboard mouse combo.

FPS maybe best enjoyed by you on keyboard and mouse but there are people who think the experience is best had on their couch running on their 360. In addition console FPS sell more than the PC equivalent by a huge margin. Make no mistake, the FPS is no longer king on PC, developers make their FPS games with the console market as their primary and the PC market secondary.

The two genre of games that the console really can't compete with is the Strategy games and MMOs. The strategy market is one of the smallest markets out there. I can't really think of genre that I could say its larger than. So, while strategy games are great (I play a lot of RTS, Supreme Commander, Dawn of War 2 and Company of Heroes) and they can really only be enjoyed on the PC, they appeal to small percentage of the overall market.
March 9, 2009 3:00:07 PM

I've recently been extremely pleased to find that PC gaming is hardly dieing or even really suffering. And it's called indie gaming. The great thing about PCs is that everybody has one and there's always plenty of people out there willing to make games for them. I'd just assume let some of these over-bloated publishers move away from the platform and allow more room for these great independent developers to put out great games without the filter of the mainstream gaming industry. Over course once a developer starts putting out great titles on their own they will inevitably be bought up by bigger companies, so it's and endless cycle. But there's always going to be great games for the PC, always.
March 10, 2009 9:55:10 AM

MykC said:
Because WoW consists of over $2 billion in revenue each year. I wouldn't be suprised if that wasn't at least a third, if not a half, of all revenue generated in PC market. Its not the only reason PC gaming is still alive but its the by far the biggest.

FPS maybe best enjoyed by you on keyboard and mouse but there are people who think the experience is best had on their couch running on their 360. In addition console FPS sell more than the PC equivalent by a huge margin. Make no mistake, the FPS is no longer king on PC, developers make their FPS games with the console market as their primary and the PC market secondary.

The two genre of games that the console really can't compete with is the Strategy games and MMOs. The strategy market is one of the smallest markets out there. I can't really think of genre that I could say its larger than. So, while strategy games are great (I play a lot of RTS, Supreme Commander, Dawn of War 2 and Company of Heroes) and they can really only be enjoyed on the PC, they appeal to small percentage of the overall market.

make a good complicated game for online play only open your own servers as a company and get payed , in time you will reach blizzard. Now look at guild wars (much better graphics) or linage 2 or Age of Conan , you bought the game u play online whit no extra cash spent.

There are more PC's in the world then consoles they just make games first for them cause the own the consoles look at Xbox360 or maybe cause they wanna persuade ppl that are waiting for a game on pc in buying a console even if they own a pc and wanna play the game badly. Its all about the money but in the end a game played on PC is much better then a console. sorry for bad english
March 10, 2009 10:04:27 AM

usla said:
in the end a game played on PC is much better then a console.

I agree, in general (sports games and console ports excluded), PC games are better than their console equivalents and PC games are able to deliver games that bring an experiences like WoW, Company of Heroes, Battlefield 2 that the console market can't match.
March 10, 2009 11:59:02 AM

Shloeb said:
But pc gaming is not dead. But its surely suffering thats for sure. But with developers still going for pcs shows that pc gaming won't go boom anytime soon. Proof is Resident Evil 5 which is also coming on pc. and why u can say only WOW is keeping pc gaming alive. There are a whole lot of strategy games that are only best enjoyed on pc. Lets c empire:total war running on pc and FPSes are also best enjoyed on keyboard mouse combo.

I tried explaining to my friends that FPS were meant to be played on keyboard/mouse. They have never gamed on a PC. They told me that I was stupid and that if they could play using their 360 controller vs. me on keyboard/mouse that they would win. Yes, they really said that. I had to get up and leave the room, lol. I'm starting to think that its not only them either, I think a large part of the population thinks that FPS on console is the way its meant to be played. They all seem to think shooters started with HALO, hahaha.
March 10, 2009 12:33:42 PM

mcmonsterkill said:
I tried explaining to my friends that FPS were meant to be played on keyboard/mouse.

While I do believe a mouse and keyboard will give the player more precise control than a gamepad, I don't necessarily agree that a mouse and keyboard provides the best experience for all FPS. There a lot of people have gaming PCs but play single player FPSs on their console rather than on their PC, why? Because they have home theatre and its more relaxing and social to play on a couch. Not to mention the console experience is more streamlined, no system requirements worries, no configurations for optimal performance, no technical problems to tackle and sometimes no installs (install games on my PS3 annoyes the hell out of me). With that said, I personally won't play a FPS on a console online if its on both platforms.

I think a large part of the population thinks that FPS on console is the way its meant to be played. They all seem to think shooters started with HALO, hahaha. said:
I think a large part of the population thinks that FPS on console is the way its meant to be played. They all seem to think shooters started with HALO, hahaha.

For most people it did. There is a large number of people who never had a gaming PC, nor care to. The cost of building a gaming PC is going to be a lot more expensive than console.
March 10, 2009 4:56:19 PM

Been using a mouse and keyboard since I can remeber games supporting it and have no problems gaming on a controller. I would not say I could beat out a KB\M user, but I would be willing to play a game with both control sets being used.

What I don't like, is elitist PC gamers that mock the console FPS player (not pointing fingers). Yeah we get it, but we're having fun and the playing field is even in terms of controls. Once you tame your thumb to not move so much and crank the sensitivity, I find the 360 controller quite enjoyable.

Besides, the poor kid with an old ball mouse on his mom's PC vs. Mr. $150 laser mouse with adjustable dpi probably doesn't feel things are going so well.

I would be willing to bet money that a seasoned controller vet could at least provide competition to a KB\M user. Too bad there are no cross platform games worth testing this on.

On topic :

Can't wait for some of these games now that I have a new PC. BF1943, I didn't even know that was coming!!! Good lord I can't wait to play that on my... PC. Bioshock 2, L4D content, I think those will be plenty fun on 360. RTS = nothing but PC for me (although halo wars did a good job on console, if I had no PC and actually thought the game had legs, I would consider it for console).
March 10, 2009 6:53:41 PM

CptTripps said:
Been using a mouse and keyboard since I can remeber games supporting it and have no problems gaming on a controller. I would not say I could beat out a KB\M user, but I would be willing to play a game with both control sets being used.

What I don't like, is elitist PC gamers that mock the console FPS player (not pointing fingers). Yeah we get it, but we're having fun and the playing field is even in terms of controls. Once you tame your thumb to not move so much and crank the sensitivity, I find the 360 controller quite enjoyable.

Besides, the poor kid with an old ball mouse on his mom's PC vs. Mr. $150 laser mouse with adjustable dpi probably doesn't feel things are going so well.

I would be willing to bet money that a seasoned controller vet could at least provide competition to a KB\M user. Too bad there are no cross platform games worth testing this on.

On topic :

Can't wait for some of these games now that I have a new PC. BF1943, I didn't even know that was coming!!! Good lord I can't wait to play that on my... PC. Bioshock 2, L4D content, I think those will be plenty fun on 360. RTS = nothing but PC for me (although halo wars did a good job on console, if I had no PC and actually thought the game had legs, I would consider it for console).

I've played both. I can win DM games of Unreal Tournament 3 on xbox live 50% of the time. I get your guys' arguments that If everyone is on an even playing field that its OK to play on a controller, but there's just no way you can run around headshotting people with a sniper rifle using a controller. That fine amount of aiming is what allows the game to be more fun, IMO. And people who just play on a controller never realize that. Plus you ever try the dodge moves with the joystick in Unreal 3 on xbox. After about 5 DM games I have to quit because my hand gets cramped and I can't dodge anymore. That's all I was trying to say, though I could have chosen a better way to say it.
March 10, 2009 7:24:28 PM

Plenty of headshots going on in 360 games. And I hate to say it, but comfort of the controller vs. a cramped up hand on a keyboard makes games more fun for me.

Still, I use both, like both and just don't understand the hate (once again, no finger pointing) of controllers in FPS games.
March 10, 2009 7:45:27 PM

Make no mistake, the best person with a controller can't compete with the best person on a mouse when it comes it quickness and precision.
March 10, 2009 8:52:48 PM

looking forward to Darkfall, now in beta and any of the online FPS games on the pc side. I still play CS 1.6 and BF2 online everyday. nothing has got me going as much as they have. And for the console FPS naysayers, there is a product coming out called mobi. that is a wireless mouse and movement controller for the ps3. Read about it here http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/27/mlani-introduces-new... so now you dont have to give up your mouse. PEACE!
March 12, 2009 8:40:38 PM

gj on posting a cod4 pic on cod6 mw2, but i guess there are no pics yet :( 
March 16, 2009 4:46:27 PM

MykC said:
Make no mistake, the best person with a controller can't compete with the best person on a mouse when it comes it quickness and precision.

Captain obvious, is that you?
March 17, 2009 9:28:04 AM

yea, the weird thing is, if most of you PC FPS players go keyboard/mouse, i'm the odd one.

I prefer to use controllers, especially the Xbox 360 wired, or the good Logitech PS2 knock-off. I use Xpadder, which is a keyboard emulator for controllers, which means i can play almost any games, even those games with no gamepad support.

But then again, that's me. Say all you want about accuracy and such, i don't want to be cramped over the keyboard.
March 18, 2009 8:08:03 AM

I can't wait for Starcraft 2, Sims 3 and the new Sins expansion.
March 18, 2009 3:29:17 PM

I would like to see HL2 EP3 but I doubt that will happen, there's not been so much as screen shot to this point let alone a release date.

- COD Modern Warfare 2
- Star Trek Online (I'm not big on MMORPG's but I'm big on Star Trek)
- Dragon Age
- Star Craft 2
- Company of Heroes: Men of Valour
- Diablo 3

Wish List
- Thief 4
- Duke Nukem Forever
- Elite 4 (please god!)
- HL2 EP3
- Psychonuts 2
- Alan Wake
March 23, 2009 9:29:23 AM

I honestly need a bigger bank account balance...
March 23, 2009 11:13:53 AM

section 8 - looks like an immense fps coming out later in the year

bf 1943 - looks arcadey but still looks pretty darn good, frostbite engine aswel :D 

Operation Flashpoint 2 - just watch the trailer
March 23, 2009 11:26:11 AM

STAR TREKKKIN ACROSS THE UNIVERSE!!! ON THE STARSHIP ENTERPRISE ON WITH CAPTAIN PR2THEJ!
March 23, 2009 11:15:09 PM

Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor.
March 25, 2009 6:21:51 AM

Kraynor said:

Also, I find it absolutely hilarous that all the action games have female protagonists.

Which ones, aside from Mirror's Edge? And why is it hilarious?
March 25, 2009 8:30:06 AM

Coz we loves them virtual breasticles
March 26, 2009 11:56:05 AM

Oh comon you girlies get plenty of eye candy too. How about Mario? Or Master Chief?!
March 30, 2009 5:13:15 AM

Haha i think PC gaming is not as popular as it used to be. at EBgames, the ones near me. they used to have a wall for PC games, and now.. just a small shelf filled with used and old games.
f ing poor people and their consoles.
March 30, 2009 10:58:26 AM

^^ PC gaming is still popular. Didn't u read the article on this website (tomshardware)? 4 out of the 6 top games were on PC.
But i can't say PC gaming is on the top right now. It suffereing though as games on PCs are released many months after their console release. But thank god they are released though. Look at RE5... it will be released in June 2009. But i am happy that i will be able to play that game atleast.
April 1, 2009 12:23:43 AM

i mainly play on my xbox 360, i prefer the fact that once u have the console u just stick the disk in and it loads up, none of this upgrading or minimal requirements, yea when i play a game on my pc with the graphics set all the way most of the time it smashes the 360 but thats the only time i play on the pc, if my comp cant handle having the max settings ill just play it on 360 on me plasma, just as good
May 26, 2009 8:23:52 PM

I'd like to see an Xbox 360 play Crysis on all high.
June 3, 2009 8:48:34 PM

I beleive female caracters like alyx Vance fill a certain need and are worthwhile. In hl2 one can easily become quite fond of her.

So like JeanLuc said...why is it taking so long for the seaquel...?
June 6, 2009 7:01:41 PM

radiowars said:
I'd like to see an Xbox 360 play Crysis on all high.

Crysis is coming out for the 360 with the new Cryengine. It runs smoother than a good PC and looks ten times better. Hopefully they will also use the cryengine 3 for Crysis 2 on the PC.
June 6, 2009 10:20:54 PM

Saying Crysis looks better on the 360 is obviously stated with ignorance. You should see this game from my PC. Not gonna say much more here.

My most anticipated game to date:

Star Wars The Old Republic"
...wish there would be a HL E3

June 7, 2009 3:09:44 AM

Starcraft 2
Diablo 3
Borderlands
New Wolfenstein
Homefront
Bioshock 2

My wish list:
Duke Nukem Forever
Homeworld 3
Crysis 2 -Return to The Sphere
A really good Terminator FPS

And a long awaited Longbow sequel involving the Gulf war tenatively named Liberation Kuwait and sequels
June 7, 2009 3:40:48 AM

Shloeb said:
Many people have said that PC gaming is dead. But i say its far from dead. I have compiled the list of all the PC games that are going to be released this year. This year is gonna be a blast.
Here's my Lens (or blog, whatever u call it) about PC games
http://www.squidoo.com/2009pcgames

If possible please comment on the lens too.

You should add Monkey Island to that list. :bounce: 

But I totally agree about Star Wars The Old Republic... I just hope it doesn't end up like Galaxies, but I'll have faith in Bioware.

Star Craft 2... I was excited about it, but right now I'm really divided about how they plan to split up the campaigns.

Diablo 3... not really.

I was hoping to add HL Episode 3 to that list but instead we got the bastard child known as L4D2.

[Rant mode]

PC Gaming isn't dead yet... but it's very lacking in innovation right now. I'm tired of seeing games that have nothing new to bring to the table other than graphics. Are graphics important? Yes, but I also think it's part of the reason why people move to consoles. Why pay for a $1000-$2000 system to run the latest FPS when you can pick up an PS3 or XBOX for $400? Better yet, with the console versions, you can rent the game or sell the game more easily if you don't like it. Personally, I have always preferred to play a PC version of a game rather than a console version, however, I understand why people have been opting for console versions. But for all intensive purposes, the PC SHOULD be in the lead. The mouse and keyboard interface is far superior to the controller except perhaps the wii-remote.

I've been playing PC games since the I was a little kid in the 80s... and I saw it boom and decrease. But in terms of innovation... meh. The only reason for me to buy new games now would be the amazing stories, which SOME games do have. But it feels like game companies are becoming like the movie companies, and stick to tried and true formulas rather than trying new daring approaches because of the unfortunately big importance of financing.

I'm also unhappy with the state of the consoles. The PS3 and XBOX seem like nothing but clones of each other. They have VERY FEW specific titles for each. Most of the games that come out today come out on PS3, XBOX, and the PC. Meh. The wii, while innovate, totally dropped the ball last year since NOTHING DECENT came out for it. And a year is a long time for technology...

[/rant mode]
June 11, 2009 4:40:34 PM

well for me is that Atlntica online and playing rohan and also cabal at the moment...
June 25, 2009 2:02:43 AM

DIII is going to be awesome...as long as it's free.
Bioshock 2 is interesting me also

Probably more games out there but I haven't done much research.

PC > Consoles in my opinion.
It can do just about anything a console can do, but can also be your pvr, homework, work, multimedia, etc... Opportunity for better graphics, games can be more involved and updated, and computers are fun to tinker with (if you like tinkering).

My opinon on Computer vs Consoles is as follows...
The big difference between the two is lack of multiplayer. Most people buy a game to play with their friends, one copy, 2 controllers, and/or now 4 controllers, and play together. PC's are generally one person to one machine making sharing an issue. PC's can also be tedious in learning new games and expensive to meet proper requirements; and with windows throwing a new OS every couple of years and MAC being linux based and more expensive, the computer gaming market isn't be helped with compatibility issues. The PC does offer some great games though, DOTA being one of my favorites even though its old. L4D made a split screen mode which, in my opinion, every fps should offer. Splitting a game across 2 monitors can be more intense than a console split screen (my opinion) anyday. Also, with controllers (i like the rumblepad2 or 360), pc's can almost meet the console on the couch feel (with lcd tv's out now), though it's all dependent on the game developer if it supports such devices. PC's are generally free online, 360 charges, ps3 doesn't.
I prefer pc games to the point that it's all I own. None of my friends play pc, they're all console dependent, and there's nothing I can do to change it. PC's have gone down considerably to the point a $100 dollar graphics card and a $50 processor can play COD4 just as good as a $600 ps3. Games are also generally cheaper than the higher console engines, but it also has virtually no resale value. Wow, am I rambling? :bounce: 
June 25, 2009 8:16:43 PM

MykC said:

I disagree completely. I've been an avid gamer on both PC and console since the very early days of gaming. I feel at home on both the controller and the keyboard/mouse. For certain games, I prefer one over the other, but for FPSs specifically, I don't see any difference either way. The only benefit that a keyboard/mouse user will have over a highly trained controller user is the fact that it's much easier to up sensitivity by getting a more accurate laser mouse.

If you would watch some of the halo videos, you would be amazed at the speed and accuracy that some players have. A simple comparison for this would be halo PC versions where some players use a controller and some players use keyboard/mouse. I would put my money down that a vet player of controller would be undetectable vs a vet player of keyboard/mouse.

As far as comfort, I don't understand how someone can say that their hand is cramped with a keyboard, simply because all controls are usually map-able to whatever keys you wish to use. If you think you're too cramped with the default controls for a game, map them to a more comfortable location.

All in all, my opinion is that it simply comes down to player preference.
Anonymous
November 28, 2009 7:46:32 PM

MykC said:

FPS will always be better on a computer. On console games you don't even have to shoot someone directly. If you shoot close enough that's all you need. They program the games like this because it's harder to aim on a controller. With a mouse and keyboard you have much greater precision. So they don't have to cheaply program the game.

I know this for a fact because I have a friend who is a consolationist and is always on controller playing FPS games. I set him up to play a FPS game on my computer using a controller and he downright sucked at aim.
Anonymous
November 29, 2009 3:04:15 AM

banggugyangu said:
I disagree completely. I've been an avid gamer on both PC and console since the very early days of gaming. I feel at home on both the controller and the keyboard/mouse. For certain games, I prefer one over the other, but for FPSs specifically, I don't see any difference either way. The only benefit that a keyboard/mouse user will have over a highly trained controller user is the fact that it's much easier to up sensitivity by getting a more accurate laser mouse.

If you would watch some of the halo videos, you would be amazed at the speed and accuracy that some players have. A simple comparison for this would be halo PC versions where some players use a controller and some players use keyboard/mouse. I would put my money down that a vet player of controller would be undetectable vs a vet player of keyboard/mouse.

As far as comfort, I don't understand how someone can say that their hand is cramped with a keyboard, simply because all controls are usually map-able to whatever keys you wish to use. If you think you're too cramped with the default controls for a game, map them to a more comfortable location.

All in all, my opinion is that it simply comes down to player preference.

Aiming on Consoles is ridiculous. You dont aim moving your crossair, most of the time, you aim walking right-left. You can watch Halo movies on youtube, type in Halo skill or Halo frags, to see how they aim and this is bad aiming!

Console games have larger invisible bodies where you can still hit the enemy.
Connect a controller to a pc and play Call of Duty and see for yourself.

LASER MOUSE: they have proven to be unusable for gaming. Only optical mice are good. (research for yourself I dont want to explain further)

In counter strike or quake, or call of duty my enemies are dead in milliseconds, if I play with mouse. I tested it with a controller and this is just one big lol.

Biological reason for mouse being more precise than controller: moving your thumb is less precise than moving your wrist (as it happens using the mouse). Just like when you draw something it is more precise to draw with wrist than with fingers.

December 8, 2009 2:36:13 AM

sonso said:
DIII is going to be awesome...as long as it's free.
Bioshock 2 is interesting me also

Probably more games out there but I haven't done much research.

PC > Consoles in my opinion.
It can do just about anything a console can do, but can also be your pvr, homework, work, multimedia, etc... Opportunity for better graphics, games can be more involved and updated, and computers are fun to tinker with (if you like tinkering).

My opinon on Computer vs Consoles is as follows...
The big difference between the two is lack of multiplayer. Most people buy a game to play with their friends, one copy, 2 controllers, and/or now 4 controllers, and play together. PC's are generally one person to one machine making sharing an issue. PC's can also be tedious in learning new games and expensive to meet proper requirements; and with windows throwing a new OS every couple of years and MAC being linux based and more expensive, the computer gaming market isn't be helped with compatibility issues. The PC does offer some great games though, DOTA being one of my favorites even though its old. L4D made a split screen mode which, in my opinion, every fps should offer. Splitting a game across 2 monitors can be more intense than a console split screen (my opinion) anyday. Also, with controllers (i like the rumblepad2 or 360), pc's can almost meet the console on the couch feel (with lcd tv's out now), though it's all dependent on the game developer if it supports such devices. PC's are generally free online, 360 charges, ps3 doesn't.
I prefer pc games to the point that it's all I own. None of my friends play pc, they're all console dependent, and there's nothing I can do to change it. PC's have gone down considerably to the point a $100 dollar graphics card and a $50 processor can play COD4 just as good as a $600 ps3. Games are also generally cheaper than the higher console engines, but it also has virtually no resale value. Wow, am I rambling? :bounce: 

Thats my number one issue with pc gaming. Its the lack of multiplayer with friends. I just dropped 700bucks on my new rig and play all my games maxed out. But when My console gaming buddies come over , of course they are amazed but then they wana play take over my pc for about halfnhour until I get mad cuz I wana play. lol. I agree I love pc gaming the best, but its not the best when youre having a party and you wana play nfl or other console games. My pc will be my number one choice for me IMO. But if only we could have the ability to hook up 4 xbox controllers to the pc and play multyplayer on it then Console games will be F*****.

I mean the only reason why im considering a Tv and a 360 is for my friends when they come over. But when they leave and Im alone My wife has her own pc so she wont touch mine. Then My xbox would be in the living room all alone cuz I will always be true to pc gaming.

The PC itself can turn into a console. I mean you have a 42" lcd you have your pc right beside it paired with a 4 wireless controllers all your buddies on the couch playing nba2k10 or fifa 10 all amazed by the graphics no console will deliver? Thats what I think pc gaming needs. Otherwise it just makes us look like complete nerds isolated from humanity from the rest of the world on our pc byourselfs.
!