Kasmir Chronicles - Death of a Hardcore Hero (Part 5)

Kasmir had taken some time off from playing. Lot of work to get caught
up on. Kasmir heard me talking about our exploits and decided that he
was going to play last night. We had it figured out how we would hook
up that evening.

However some things came up and I was unable to attend.

Due to having taken some time off, Kasmir started slow by sending his
HC level 55 Trapper on a Normal Baal run.

He then heads into NM and wipes out the Summoner in Act 2 and finds
Duriel and gives him a whallop.

Kasmir then heads out to Starbucks to relax and do some work there on
his notebook. He finishes his work and decides to give the realms a go
before he heads home.

He pops his Trapper into HC act 3 and works his way through the Spider
Forest, the Great Marsh, the Flayer Jungle, clobbers Stormtree, does
Lower Kurast, Kurast Bazaar, Upper Kurast, he is on a roll. He gets to
the waypoint in Travincal. It is approaching 11 PM EST but he is on a
roll and he feels there is no stopping him. He goes and takes on the
council

He kicks their ass one by one. One council member is left. Kasmir is
trapping up a storm. He sees that the last member he has to beat is
down to a sliver of life. Kasmir has almost full life. He decides that
he will finish him off. Kasmir sets off some traps.

ARGH! Kasmir has died. In a split second just like that. He wonders
what the hell happened. Things were going so well.

My analysis:

The last boss was FE. The location of the last boss, despite on
Kasmir's screen as not being close to Kasmir, was on the server, in
actuality very close to Kasmir. One of those "what you see is NOT what
you get". Kasmir still not able to readily read boss mods and besides
with the council battle in Travincal the whole screen is lit up with
fire, flames, hydras, amp damage, you name it and it makes it even
harder for anybody to read the mods let alone someone who has not had
much experience reading boss mods.

Kasmir laffs to me today. "I was killing everything, I was on a roll,
then BAM! Just like that - DEAD!"

Kasmir says he is going to play more softcore because he is starting to
feel that there are more things about the game that he has to learn
before he continues on in Hardcore.

Still he broke his own record.
Before: Level 57 - Maggot Lair NM.
This time: Level 57 - Travincal NM.

And he was solo at the time.

He has a few Hardcore charactrrs left and I am going to talk him into
continuing these but keeping them in games with the rest of the gang as
opposed to soloing.

Long Live Kasmir!

Kasmir's Hardcore Mantra:

Live Forever or Die Trying to Learn the Game While Playing Hardcore

Orion Ryder

On 3 May 2005 08:24:24 -0700, "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>The last boss was FE. The location of the last boss, despite on
>Kasmir's screen as not being close to Kasmir, was on the server, in
>actuality very close to Kasmir. One of those "what you see is NOT what
>you get". Kasmir still not able to readily read boss mods and besides
>with the council battle in Travincal the whole screen is lit up with
>fire, flames, hydras, amp damage, you name it and it makes it even
>harder for anybody to read the mods let alone someone who has not had
>much experience reading boss mods.

My condolences to Kasmir. Losing a char to lag or desynch is teh
suxxorz. But if his FR was less than 75...

-- Roy L