ScanJet 6200C to USB

When running the installation software for my ScanJet 6200C on a new
computer with USB ports, the software did not find the USB and terminated
installation.

I tried to get info from www.hp.com/info/6200c but the sign in process ended
when they claimed not to find a ScanJet 6200C.

I doubt this new computer has room for the SCSI board, and I would have to
cut the warranty tape to get inside, anyway.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much.

Robert Ginn
2 answers Last reply
More about scanjet 6200c

    If your ScanJet 6200c was attached to an ISA bus adapter on your old computer,
    pitch the ISA adapter. It wasn't worth much to begin with.

    If the new computer has an available PCI slot, install most any Adaptec
    2900-series SCSI host adapter with either a 25-pin or 50-pin external connector,
    not the wide SCSI 68-pin external one. Disregard the warranty tape. Your
    warranty should not be voided by any properly installed hardware upgrades,
    whereas upgrading your toaster or microwave would surely void the warranty.

    The following link at the HP web site contains info about ScanJet software and
    XP:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?product=60120&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&os=228

    .... Ben Myers

    On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 02:30:31 GMT, "Robert Ginn" <bobginn@att.net> wrote:

    >When running the installation software for my ScanJet 6200C on a new
    >computer with USB ports, the software did not find the USB and terminated
    >installation.
    >
    >I tried to get info from www.hp.com/info/6200c but the sign in process ended
    >when they claimed not to find a ScanJet 6200C.
    >
    >I doubt this new computer has room for the SCSI board, and I would have to
    >cut the warranty tape to get inside, anyway.
    >
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >Thanks very much.
    >
    >Robert Ginn

    Thanks, Ben. I installed my old PCI SCSI board into the new computer and
    all works fine.

    Bob

    > Disregard the warranty tape. Your
    > warranty should not be voided by any properly installed >hardware
    upgrades,

    > ... Ben Myers

Hewlett Packard Computer USB Software Computers