Epox 8rda+ Problems

Hi,

My friend just bought the following:

Epox 8rda+
Althlon XP Barton 2500+ (1.83 Ghz)
Western Digital 80Gb 8mb cache
256Mb Mushkin pc2700

and is using a GF3 Ti500, and is having problems. It seems to be a bit slow. There is a very long delay when posting, and we are currently having difficulties installing Windows XP. The multiplier/fsb settings are correct and the proc is detected as a 2500. Any ideas as to why this thing is so sluggish??

TIA,

-P.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=10639" target="_new">My Machine</A>
7 answers Last reply
More about epox 8rda problems
  1. I think there's been an issue with the WD special edition drives not being detected properly with the NForce2 chipsets.

A possible workaround is to remove the jumpers from the drive and use it as the only drive on that channel

One day I'll look back at my current rig the way I do my old ZX Spectrum.......Would have been interesting to say the least if Sir Clive had Bill G's business skills
  2. What is your PS?
    Do you get bluescreen when trying to install windows? it may be that your ram is bad...

To err is human... to really screw things up you need a computer!
  3. I don't know about it being the hard drive I just installed my Soltek 75-FRN-RL /1800xp

I am using my 100GB SE WD hard drive w/o issue

<begin> clever sig </end>
  4. The WD 8MB cache Drive issue does exist but it is rare.
    AREA_51

'It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames'
  5. Thanks for the replies. When the floppy is connected it seems like it is constantly being accessed. When installing Windows there were a couple missing file errors, but it installed. Then after a reboot windows wouldnt load. My friend is just going to return the mobo to Fry's(why I wouldnt be suprised if the mobo is broken) and hope he gets a working one. Thanks again.

-P.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=10639" target="_new">My Machine</A>
  6. Your floppy drive lead is backward. Thats what causes that symptom.
    AREA_51

'It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames'
  7. VK2amv is right, i have the same board and put the floppy lead on backwards and had the exact prob u did. jus flip it over.

my sig left me for an Honorary Guru...
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Western Digital Epox Windows XP