CS Source causing internet to time out

Fletch206

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
I bought a new computer about a month ago and have been playing CS:Source for the entire time. Just recently I bought a hub to connect my PS3 and PC to the internet jack in the wall instead of having my PC internet cable run across the room to my router. (this isnt a wireless router). Around this time whenever I played CS Source within 10 minutes my internet would time out and go to 'local only' mode and it takes about 5-10 minutes for it to come back.

I've tried unplugging all of the components including the router itself and resetting everything, and I've tried putting the internet cable back into the router instead of the hub. Nothing is working. This is only happening when I play CS:Source, I can play other games hours at a time online. I'm so confused... anyone ever had a problem like this? :fou:

Oh and also I tried doing a system restore to a week before when I wasn't having this problem, but it didn't help.

I'm running on Vista 64 here is the network spec Intel(R) PRO/1000 PL Network Connection

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
I think it's Steam in general and you just need to run Windows updates. I reformatted a system of mine last month with Vista 32. With a fresh install (no updates installed) I installed Steam and tried to download my games while setting up the rest of the system but I kept on losing my network connection. Eventually I turned off Steam and ran all Windows updates. Once the system was completely up to date I turned Steam back on and no issues since.

MrSiko

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
If that doesn't work Fletch, close steam, and the delete the clientregistry.blob from your steam folder and then restart steam. It will re-create the file for you.

This has fixed many net-related issues for myself and other css players, so it might well help, although your problem does sound a bit... weird :/

Fletch206

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
It's not timing out today but I haven't changed anything yet... weird. That's good to know MrSiko I'll remember that info for the next time it happens, thanks for your reply