kyril2

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
I just got gta 4, all exited on how great the game would be. only to be disappointed after I started it. At first I though it would run quite fine since I can run crysis on all medium with some high settings in 1440x900, with a good 30-50fps. At fisrt when I start the game, I can get into the menu screen and load my savegame easily, but the problem is after I load the game. When it's finished loading I can walk out of the building into the city. the problem is I can't see anything but the sky, water, a few poles, trash cans and a few cars. but some times it will load an area so I can see everything pretty well, but not so well in other areas. please tell me if there is a way to fix this without spending a lot of money. here are my system specs: AMD 3200+, 1GB ram(I am planning to upgrade to 3GB soon while hoping this will solve the problem), a recently upgraded geforce 9600gt 512mb, 160gb hdd, windows xp sp3. I really hope that the 3GB ram upgrade would solve this problem, thats mainly why I am here.

PoPoH

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
Hi!

I've experienced similar issues with a 7900Gt, knonwly affected by texture problems with GTA4. The only advice I can give Is, as I did, update to latest patches your game copy, and make a clean install of new nvidia drivers... this should make ur goal...

Another point I strongly recommend is upgrading your RAM to 3gb as u told, Is worth it, and ur hard drive will really appreciate not carrying so much Vmem...

have Luck mate!

malenkylizards

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
Hmm...

I wish I had this dude's problems. :)

All I get is darkness...and my machine's a little better equipped in most respects!

Rig:
- AMD 64 X2 5200+ 2.6 GHz
- 6 GB 800 DDR2 RAM [nominally only 4 GB useful, more like 3.25 useable]
- EVGA Nvidia GTS 250, 256-bit 1GB RAM

I'm running Windows XP 32-bit, SP3 with .NET 3.5 SP1 and the latest driver [as of last night] from the EVGA website.

I assume it's a software issue, as the game will get far enough that I can run a benchmark in the options...and get 26 FPS on max settings.

It *IS* a fresh re-install of windows XP, so if there's something that one typically gets done on that front that I've forgotten to do, one could assume this is the problem. I have got SP3 and NET Framework 3.5 SP1, as I've said. Anything else?

There are the patches, and to the best of my knowledge Windows Live installed them...how can one find out? What else could it be?