Sign in with
Your question

Antec Motherboard & Bios Question

Last response: in Motherboards
April 15, 2003 6:08:01 PM

I have a: ABIT IT7 MAX2 ver.2.0 Intel 845PE chipset ATX motherboard

I recently built my computer and loaded Windows 2000 Profesional with Service Pack 2 as my Operating System. Whenever I start my computer I get the following message:

"CPU is unworkable or has been changed. Please recheck CPU Soft Menu." I can either push F1 to skip this or go into my BIOS and choose the fail-safe defaults and the problem still won't be corrected. Anyone here know how I can fix this. I can run all my programs just fine, it's just that I always have to push F1 to skip out of the message.

Also my computer and cpu temperatures are as follows: CPU Temp 38 C Computer Temp 27 C. I haven't applied the thermal grease and was wondering if it really is worth the money to go out and buy it. Also how much cooler will the temperatures drop?
April 15, 2003 8:42:27 PM

Check the battery on your MB. I had this same problem on an ABIT BX-6 board and it turned out to be that the battery was dead, so the BIOS was essentially resetting every time I shut down.
April 15, 2003 9:34:15 PM

What PS are you using?

To err is human... to really screw things up you need a computer!
Related resources
April 15, 2003 11:57:40 PM

This motherboard is brand new, so I doubt that's the problem, but just in case besides having to buy a new one is there anyway I can test my current battery? Also my power supply came with the case, Antec Original TRUE 430W P4 Power Supply ATX12V.
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
April 16, 2003 2:13:58 AM

This is a feature of Abit boards. Go into BIOS and find a setting called "CPU Speed Error Hold" and turn it off.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>
April 16, 2003 1:27:17 PM

That worked, thanks
!